Noise Abatement for Pilots
The Fort Lauderdale Executive Airport is a noise-sensitive airport. Please take a few moments to review
the recommended departure and arrival procedures
as well as the map of noise-sensitive areas. Thank
you for helping Executive Airport
to be a good neighbor to our surrounding communities.
Pilots can view the latest noise abatement updates on www.whispertrack.com.
At the top of WhisperTrack’s webpage in the tab labeled "Find An Airport," enter the three-letter identifier for Fort Lauderdale Executive Airport, "FXE."
Recommended Departure and Arrival Procedures
Noise Abatement Diagrams
Runway 8 Departures
- Runway 8 departures with destinations other than eastbound, turn left to 330 degree for jet aircraft and 300 degrees for propeller aircraft, or as instructed by ATC, and climb at best angle. Jet aircraft fly over I-95 industrial area.
- Runway 8 departures eastbound, jet aircraft climb at best angle to 2000 feet, or as instructed by ATC, with reduced power until after crossing the shoreline. Eastbound jet aircraft make request with Clearance Delivery for initial climb to 3,000 feet.
- Runway 8 departures turn left to 330 degrees for all jet aircraft, or as instructed by ATC, between 11:00 p.m. and 7:00 a.m., except lifeguard flights.
Runway 26 Departures
- Runway 26 departures turn right to 315 degrees for all aircraft, or as instructed by ATC, and climb at best angle. Avoid turning before NW 31st Avenue and make turn over the Florida Turnpike.
- Runway 8 departures turn left to 330 degrees for all jet aircraft, or as instructed by ATC, between 11:00 p.m. and 7:00 a.m.
- Voluntary nighttime Preferential Runway for departures is Runway 26 for all aircraft, wind permitting.
- Voluntary nighttime Preferential Runway for arrivals is Runway 8 for all aircraft, wind permitting.
- Runway 13-31 closed between 10:00 p.m. and 7:00 a.m., when Runway 08-26 is operational.
Other Noise Abatement Procedures
- Voluntary use of NBAA or manufacturer’s close-in departure and standard arrival noise abatement procedures for jet aircraft.
- Voluntary restriction of jet aircraft on Runway 13-31.
- Voluntary restriction of nighttime, weekend, and holiday repetitive landing and approach operations.
- Prohibit maintenance engine run-ups between 7:00 p.m. and 7:00 a.m. for all aircraft.
- All aircraft avoid overflights of residential area ½ mile southwest of ATCT.
- All runways are noise sensitive and monitored 24 hours.
For more information please see the Noise
Abatement Program page on our web site or contact the Noise
Abatement Office at (954) 828-4955.