Runway Safety Program
Fort Lauderdale Executive Airport (FXE) was one of 22 airports selected nationwide with the greatest impact on reducing runway incursions (RI). The factors considered were RI rate, RI severity, and Threat Areas identified in the Wrong Runway Study.
A Runway Safety Action Team (RSAT) meeting was conducted on March 20, 2008. One outcome of the meeting resulted in an initiative to request comments and recommendations from airport users about runway safety.
FXE is seeking input from individuals who operate on the Airport Operations Area (AOA) (i.e. pilots, tug operators, mechanics, air traffic controllers, airport operations personnel, police, fire fighters, etc.) regarding any locations or conditions at FXE that may be confusing or considered hazardous, and may need corrective actions to avoid potential incidents.
Suggestions may include, but are not limited to:
- Signage, markings and lighting (adding or eliminating)
- Adding, eliminating or straightening a taxiway
- Procedural or rule changes (ATC, tenant or airport operations)
- Improved or enhanced training
- Improved equipment, (i.e., radios, headsets or transponders)
- Areas on the airfield that you think could be improved
- Please email your comments and recommendations to 9-ASO-Runway-Safety@faa.gov, OR
- Download and complete the printable form and mail it to:
Federal Aviation Administration
Southern Region Runway Safety Program Office
Attn: Anna B. Cohen, Manager – AJS-4SO
1701 Columbia Ave.
College Park, GA 30337
Please include as much detail as possible. Your name and contact information is optional and will not affect the merit of any suggestions; however, we strongly encourage you to include them should the need arise to contact you for clarification.
The FAA Runway Safety Team, in conjunction with the FXE Air Traffic Control Tower and Fort Lauderdale Executive Airport management, will review all recommendations received; compile a list of accepted initiatives and prioritize them for implementation.
If you have any questions, please contact Fort Lauderdale Executive Airport at (954) 828-4955.