FDOT Intersection Improvements on S.W. 4th Avenue at S.W. 28th Street Begin August 20th
SW 4 AVENUE AT SW 28 STREET
The Florida Department of Transportation (FDOT) has awarded a $741,586.31 contract to Weekley Asphalt Paving, Inc. for improvements at the intersection of S.W. 4th Avenue and S.W. 28th Street in Fort Lauderdale. Construction will begin August 20, 2017 and will be completed in spring 2018.
- Installing new mast arm signals to replace the existing four-way stop signs
- Upgrading sidewalk and pedestrian curb ramps
- Removing old asphalt and resurfacing the intersection
- Minor widening along SW 28 Street to add left turn lanes
- Upgrading pavement markings and signs
- Installing new drainage structures
Construction work activities and lane closures can be expected as follows:
- Weekdays and Weekends — 9 a.m. to 4 p.m.
- Sunday through Thursday evenings — 8 p.m. to 6 a.m.
- Friday and Saturday evenings — 11 p.m. to 7 a.m.
- Specific lane closure information will be provided in the weekly traffic report distributed by FDOT.
The project team will be distributing periodic updates. If you would like to receive project updates by email, please email email@example.com.
Created August 9, 2017
For Additional Project Information and Updates
Contact Mrs. Dayana Diaz, Community Outreach Specialist
Phone: (954) 940-7585 | Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Innovative, Efficient, Exceptional