Make Safe Driving Choices that Save Lives this Holiday Season
The best choice you can make this holiday season is to never get behind the wheel while under the influence. By following the tips below, you can do your part to help the City achieve its Vision Zero goal of reducing traffic deaths and serious injuries on our streets to zero.
- Assign a designated driver so you may enjoy your holidays responsibly. Never drive under the influence.
- Use public transportation options such as the Sun Trolley or Broward County Transit. For routes and information, please visit www.suntrolley.com or www. broward.org/BCT.
- Use a taxi or rideshare service to avoid getting behind the wheel.
- Uber and Lyft are partnering with the City to offer a discount for first-time riders. Use the code “VisionZeroFTL” (good through 12/31/17).
- Yellow Cab of Broward is offering surge-free taxi services and a discount on your first ride.
- To redeem your first free ride (up to $10), download the RideYellow app and use the code “FirstRideFree17” (good through 12/30/17).
- Walk or bike to your destination for short trips. Wear light-colored clothing and bring lights.
- Be aware of your surroundings. Pay attention to what other travelers are doing. Make sure drivers can see YOU!
- If you can’t drive, get a free tow (up to 10 miles) and a confidential ride through AAA and Budweiser’s “Tow to Go” program. Offer is available for members and non-members. https://autoclubsouth.aaa.com/safety/tow_to_go.aspx.