"Move with the Mayor" Lunchtime Fitness Event on the Flagler Greenway February 26
Friday | February 26 | Noon
Flagler Drive & NE 4 Avenue
Join Mayor John P. “Jack” Seiler and City of Fort Lauderdale employees on the Flagler Greenway for a lunchtime fitness workout featuring:
- Ribbon cutting to celebrate the Flagler Greenway
- A 1-mile bike, jog, or walk with the Mayor
- The launch of Fort Lauderdale Bikes, the City’s new employee bike share program
- Free refreshments
Click here for a copy of the event flyer and route.
If you are unable to walk or bike to the event, parking is available in the lot at the corner of NE 9th Street and NE 5th Avenue across from Searstown (see map). Carpooling is encouraged.
Temporary Road Closures
The following traffic restrictions will be in effect on Friday, February 26, 2016
-Flagler Drive will be closed from Andrews Avenue to NE 5 Avenue from 10 am – 2 pm.
-Intermittent closures will take place on NE 1 Avenue from Flagler Drive to NE 5 Street from Noon – 1:00 pm.
-Intermittent closures will take place on NE 2 Avenue from Flagler Drive to NE 5 Street from Noon – 1:00 pm.
-Motorists will be detoured around the affected area using adjacent streets.
Click here for a copy of the road closure map.
- Reservations are required. Sign up at https://pickatime.com/Screenings-FortLauderdale/Move_with_the_Mayor
- Limited bikes are available. Reserve one by emailing JuanRo@fortlauderdale.gov or bring your own.
- Management employees will receive 50 wellness points for participating.
- Bring a valid employee ID to receive lunch.
Special thanks to the following partners for their generous support of this event.