Please be advised that this report is compiled from multiple sources and agencies that, at times, provide conflicting information.
Every effort is made to ensure accuracy; however, due to the fluid nature of road closures,
this information is subject to change.
Information Regarding Street Closures in the City of Fort Lauderdale
>> Reconstruction of A1A in Fort Lauderdale Begins July 28
Areas that will be affected by construction during Phase One – July 28 through December 2014:
East side of A1A between Sunrise Boulevard and NE 14 Court
Parking spaces and sidewalk will be closed on the east side of A1A in this construction zone. Beach access points will be restricted. Pedestrians and beach goers will not be allowed to cut through the work zone. Two-way traffic, bike lane, parking and sidewalk will be maintained on the west side of A1A.
West side of A1A between NE 14 Court and NE 18 Street
Parking spaces and sidewalk will be closed on the west side of A1A in this construction zone. Access will be maintained to side streets and driveways. Two-way traffic, bike lane, parking and sidewalk will be maintained on the east side of A1A.
The contractor is authorized to work Monday through Saturday between 8 a.m. and 7 p.m. The project is expected to be completed in 506 calendar days, however, the contractor can earn a bonus for completing the project up to 100 days early. Note: After this project is completed, landscaping will be installed in the raised median and planter areas along the east side promenade under a separate contract.
If you know someone that would like to receive project email updates, please send their address to Barbara.Kelleher@dot.state.fl.us with a Subject line of A1A Updates and remind them to put this address on their "safe sender" list. Also, you can follow us on Twitter @MyFDOT_SEFL.
>> The production of a major motion picture near Fort Lauderdale Beach, “Ride Along 2,” will continue on Monday, July 21.
The production involves several temporary road closures and Intermittent Traffic Control (ITC) on sections of streets in and around A1A, from SE 5th Street to Terramar Street, which will allow traffic to flow at intervals between the filming of scenes.
This segment of the production at Fort Lauderdale Beach has an $8 million budget, cast of 250 and crew of 65. The film stars Kevin Hart and Ice Cube. The filming includes simulated gun fire and a staged vehicle accident. During the filming, all residents, businesses, visitors, and patrons will be provided access to properties.
See detailed road closure maps .
July 21, 2014
- A1A Northbound and Southbound will be closed between Bayshore Drive and Terramar Street from 7 a.m. – 9 p.m.
- ITC on A1A Northbound between Bayshore Drive and Granada Street from 7 a.m. – 9 p.m.
- ITC on Southbound A1A and Bayshore Drive to North Birch Road and Riomar Street from 7 a.m. – 9 p.m.
The “Ride Along 2” production crew is working closely with the Fort Lauderdale Police Department to assist pedestrian and vehicular traffic. The contact for the production company is Mr. Mac Gordon, phone 310-339-5201.
>> The entrance to Fort Lauderdale-Hollywood International Airport from northbound US 1 is closed until Friday, August 1 at 7 p.m. See a map of the detour
>> Eller Drive east of the I-595/US 1 interchange at Port Everglades
- Northbound access to the intersection of Eller Drive and NE 7th Avenue will be closed as needed overnight Monday through Friday between 9 p.m. to 6 a.m. for overhead bridge work. During the closure, northbound motorists on NE 7th Avenue will be detoured east to McIntosh Road where they can make a U-turn to westbound Eller Drive toward westbound I-595, US 1, or Fort Lauderdale-Hollywood International Airport.
- One eastbound lane of I-595 entering Port Everglades will be closed as needed Monday through Friday between 7 a.m. and 5:30 p.m.
- Intermittent lanes may be closed in either direction within the project limits Monday through Friday at all times.
>> US 1 near Port Everglades & Fort Lauderdale/Hollywood International Airport
- All northbound and southbound lanes of US 1 are shifted to the east from Griffin Road to the Fort Lauderdale-Hollywood International Airport interchange for construction of the new runway through mid-2014.
- One northbound and one southbound lane of US 1 are closed at the I-595 interchange for construction at the airport through mid-2014.
- For more information on this work please visit http://www.broward.org/Airport/fllair/Pages/Default.aspx or contact the Fort Lauderdale-Hollywood International Airport’s Public Information Officer Greg Meyer at (954) 359-6116 or email email@example.com
>> Sunrise Boulevard Bridge over the Middle River
- The north sidewalk along Sunrise Boulevard from U.S. 1 to Middle River Drive will be closed through July. The crosswalk at NE 20th Avenue has reopened. Pedestrians should use the NE 20th Avenue crosswalk to access the south sidewalk.
- One of the two left turn lanes from northbound Middle River Drive to westbound Sunrise Boulevard will be closed through early 2016.
- One westbound lane of Sunrise Boulevard between Middle River Drive and NE 20th Avenue is closed through early 2016. Two lanes are open for westbound traffic.
- One eastbound lane of Sunrise Boulevard between U.S. 1 and Middle River Drive is closed through early 2016. Two lanes are open for eastbound traffic.
>> Signalization Installation Project on State Road 84 at I-95 in Fort Lauderdale
- One lane of the northbound I-95 exit to westbound SR 84 will be closed Monday through Friday between 8:30 a.m. to 3:30 p.m.
>> Bridges of the Isles and Sunrise Key Bridges Replacement in Fort Lauderdale
- One westbound lane of Las Olas Boulevard from Nurmi Drive to Fiesta Way will be closed Monday through Friday between 9 a.m. and 4 p.m.
- One lane of the Fiesta Way Bridge will be closed through late 2014. A traffic signal and flaggers will direct motorists through the work zone.
- One lane of the Nurmi Drive Bridge will be closed through late 2014. A traffic signal and flaggers will direct motorists through the work zone.
>> I-95 Bridge Painting and Rehabilitation over the South Fork of the New River in Fort Lauderdale
- The shoulder along northbound and southbound I-95 from SR 84/Marina Mile Boulevard to Davie Boulevard will be closed through September 30.
>> The Broward County Highway and Bridge Maintenance Division will be performing drainage and roadway repairs on SW 27 Avenue (Riverland Road) between SW Sixth Street and SW Fourth Place from June 16 through July 28, barring unforeseen conditions or weather delays.
- Construction will impact motor vehicle traffic as only one lane of SW 27 Avenue in each direction will remain open at all times.
- Access to residential and business driveways will be provided.
- Pedestrian access will be maintained at all times using the existing sidewalks.
>> A1A In Action - Enhancing a Piece of Fort Lauderdale's Future (Project
construction is expected to last until approximately summer 2016.)
>> Pearl Flagler Village, LLC is building a development along NE 5th Avenue in Fort Lauderdale. They have received approval (Revocable License) from the City Commission to close the following roads (see the MOT Plan ) for a period of 18-months starting on April 1, 2013.
- Northbound of NE 5th Avenue between NE 4th and NE 5th Streets,
- All lanes of NE 5th Terrace between NE 4th and NE 5th Streets, and
- All lanes of NE 5th Street between North Federal Highway and NE 5th Avenue.
>> I-595 Express Corridor Improvements Project: The Express News - Details at www.i-595.com
Please remember to slow
down in construction areas
and always buckle up, drive carefully and arrive
safely. Share the road.