Please be advised that this report is compiled from multiple sources and agencies that, at times, provide conflicting information.
Every effort is made to ensure accuracy; however, due to the fluid nature of road closures,
this information is subject to change.
Information Regarding Street Closures in the City of Fort Lauderdale
>> Eller Drive east of the I-595/US 1 interchange at Port Everglades
- One eastbound lane of I-595 entering Port Everglades will be closed as needed Monday through Friday between 7 a.m. and 5:30 p.m.
- Intermittent lanes may be closed in either direction within the project limits Monday through Friday at all times.
>> Sunrise Boulevard Bridge over the Middle River
- The left turn from westbound Sunrise Boulevard onto NE 20th Avenue will be restricted through early 2016. Westbound traffic can make a U-turn at the signalized NE 17th Way intersection.
- Two westbound lanes of Sunrise Boulevard from Middle River Drive to NE 20th Avenue to will be closed through August 2014. Westbound traffic will travel in two lanes following the conversion of the left turn lane to a through lane.
- The closure of the north sidewalk along Sunrise Boulevard will be extended from Middle River Drive to west of NE 20th Avenue beginning Monday, March 10, until late March. This includes the closure of the crosswalk at NE 20th Avenue. Pedestrians will be detoured to the crosswalk at US 1 where they may access the south sidewalk. (See map )
- One of the two left turn lanes from northbound Middle River Drive to westbound Sunrise Boulevard will be closed through early 2016.
>> East Las Olas Boulevard Bridge from SE25th Avenue to A1A in Fort Lauderdale
- Two lanes are closed at all times for construction through spring 2014. One lane in each direction will remain open at all times.
>> I-95 Bridge Painting and Rehabilitation over the South Fork of the New River in Fort Lauderdale
- The shoulder along northbound I-95 from SR 84/Marina Mile Boulevard to Davie Boulevard will be closed through Friday, March 14.
- The shoulder along southbound I-95 from Davie Boulevard to SR 84/Marina Mile Boulevard will be closed through Friday, March 14.
- The shoulder along the southbound I-95 exit ramp to both directions of I-595 will be closed through Friday, March 14.
>> US 1 near Port Everglades & Fort Lauderdale/Hollywood International Airport
- All northbound and southbound lanes of US 1 are shifted to the east between Griffin Road and the Fort Lauderdale-Hollywood International Airport interchange for construction of the new runway through early 2014.
- One northbound and one southbound lane of US 1 are closed at the I-595 interchange for construction at the airport through early 2014.
>> A1A In Action - Enhancing a Piece of Fort Lauderdale's Future (Project
construction is expected to begin this summer and last approximately two years.)
>> Pearl Flagler Village, LLC is building a development along NE 5th Avenue in Fort Lauderdale. They have received approval (Revocable License) from the City Commission to close the following roads (see the MOT Plan ) for a period of 18-months starting on April 1, 2013.
- Northbound of NE 5th Avenue between NE 4th and NE 5th Streets,
- All lanes of NE 5th Terrace between NE 4th and NE 5th Streets, and
- All lanes of NE 5th Street between North Federal Highway and NE 5th Avenue.
>> I-595 Express Corridor Improvements Project: The Express News - Details at www.i-595.com
A1A Stabilization and Restoration Project:
TRAFFIC ADVISORY: A1A between NE 14th Court and NE 17th Court
A1A remains open to one northbound and one southbound travel lane and a bike lane in each direction between NE 14th Court and NE 17th Court on Fort Lauderdale Beach, north of Sunrise Boulevard. The two-way traffic is operating in the former southbound lanes. The sidewalk and parallel parking remain open on the west side of A1A. Please use care in the construction area. To learn more about the A1A Stabilization and Restoration Project, visit the A1A Updates page.
The City continues to seek public comment regarding long-term plans for the roadway. To submit suggestions, please visit restorea1a.com. For additional updates on the status of A1A, follow FDOT District 4 on Twitter (@MyFDOT_SEFL).
For traffic updates, follow FLPD on Twitter (@FLPD411).
Please remember to slow
down in construction areas
and always buckle up, drive carefully and arrive
safely. Share the road.