Please be advised that this report is compiled from multiple sources and agencies that, at times, provide conflicting information.
Every effort is made to ensure accuracy; however, due to the fluid nature of road closures,
this information is subject to change.
Information Regarding Street Closures in the City of Fort Lauderdale
>> Eller Drive east of the I-595/US 1 interchange at Port Everglades
- Intermittent lanes may be closed in either direction within the project limits Monday through Friday at all times.
- One eastbound lane of I-595 entering Port Everglades will be closed as needed Monday through Friday between 7 a.m. and 5:30 p.m.
>> Broward Boulevard at Kentucky Avenue in Fort Lauderdale
- Two westbound lanes on Broward Boulevard at Kentucky Avenue will be closed overnight Sunday between 9 p.m. and 5 a.m.
>> East Las Olas Boulevard Bridge from SE25th Avenue to A1A in Fort Lauderdale
- Two lanes are closed at all times for construction through spring 2014. One lane in each direction will remain open at all times.
- The bridge will be closed overnight Wednesday between 9 p.m. and 6 a.m. Eastbound traffic will be detoured to Sunrise Boulevard via US 1. Westbound traffic will be detoured to Sunrise Boulevard via A1A. If the work is postponed, the closure is scheduled overnight Thursday between 9 p.m. and 6 a.m.
>> I-95 Bridge Painting and Rehabilitation over the South Fork of the New River in Fort Lauderdale
- The shoulder along northbound I-95 from SR 84/Marina Mile Boulevard to Davie Boulevard will be closed through December 23.
- The shoulder along southbound I-95 from Davie Boulevard to SR 84/Marina Mile Boulevard will be closed through December 23.
- The shoulder along the southbound I-95 exit ramp to both directions of I-595 will be closed through December 23.
>> Traffic Signal Pivotal Hangers Project
- One lane in each direction at the intersection of Sunrise Boulevard and Federal Highway near Progresso Drive in Ft. Lauderdale will be closed overnight Sunday between 7 p.m. and 6 a.m.
- One lane in each direction at the intersection of Broward Boulevard and the entrance ramp to southbound I-95 in Fort Lauderdale will be closed overnight Monday between 7 p.m. and 6 a.m.
- One lane in each direction at the intersection of Broward Boulevard and the exit ramp from southbound I-95 in Fort Lauderdale will be closed overnight Monday between 7 p.m. and 6 a.m.
>> The City of Fort Lauderdale will be closing several streets Friday, December 6 for Light Up Sistrunk.
Closures and times are as follows:
- Sistrunk Boulevard will be closed from NW 9th Avenue to NW 11th Avenue beginning at 8:00 am.
- Roads will be closed to thru traffic at the following locations (these streets will not be able to access Sistrunk Blvd.):
- NW 10th Avenue
- NW 10th Terrace
- NW 11th Avenue
The following streets will be open for local traffic only:
- NW 10th Avenue, NW 11th Avenue from NW 6th Street to NW 5th Street
- NW 10th Avenue, NW 10th Terrace, NW 11th Avenue from NW 6th Street to NW 7th Street
>> All lanes on East Las Olas Boulevard Bridge will be closed overnight for construction beginning at 9 p.m. Wednesday, December 11. The bridge will re-open by 6 a.m. Thursday, December 12. In the event of inclement weather, the backup date for this work will be overnight Thursday, December 12, between 9 p.m. and 6 a.m. All eastbound traffic will be detoured to Sunrise Boulevard via US 1 and all westbound traffic will be detoured to Sunrise Boulevard via A1A. This full closure is necessary for the contractor to pour the concrete deck on the southwest side of the bridge.
>> Weather permitting, the eastbound lane of NE 1 Street between Andrews Avenue and NE 3rd Avenue will be closed on Saturday, December 7 between the hours of 6:00 AM and 4:00 PM. See a map
>> Pearl Flagler Village, LLC is building a development along NE 5th Avenue in Fort Lauderdale. They have received approval (Revocable License) from the City Commission to close the following roads (see the MOT Plan ) for a period of 18-months starting on April 1, 2013.
- Northbound of NE 5th Avenue between NE 4th and NE 5th Streets,
- All lanes of NE 5th Terrace between NE 4th and NE 5th Streets, and
- All lanes of NE 5th Street between North Federal Highway and NE 5th Avenue.
>> I-595 Express Corridor Improvements Project: The Express News - Details at www.i-595.com
A1A Stabilization and Restoration Project:
TRAFFIC ADVISORY: A1A between NE 14th Court and NE 17th Court
A1A remains open to one northbound and one southbound travel lane and a bike lane in each direction between NE 14th Court and NE 17th Court on Fort Lauderdale Beach, north of Sunrise Boulevard. The two-way traffic is operating in the former southbound lanes. The sidewalk and parallel parking remain open on the west side of A1A. Please use care in the construction area. To learn more about the A1A Stabilization and Restoration Project, visit the A1A Updates page.
The City continues to seek public comment regarding long-term plans for the roadway. To submit suggestions, please visit restorea1a.com. For additional updates on the status of A1A, follow FDOT District 4 on Twitter (@MyFDOT_SEFL).
For traffic updates, follow FLPD on Twitter (@FLPD411).
Please remember to slow
down in construction areas
and always buckle up, drive carefully and arrive
safely. Share the road.