Traffic Restrictions on Portions of Sistrunk Boulevard
Sistrunk Boulevard Infrastructure Project
Beginning Monday, October 1, 2012, intermittent lane closures will be in effect for portions of
NE 6 Street (Sistrunk Blvd) from Andrews Avenue to Federal Highway to allow for asphalt
paving of the street.
The following traffic restrictions will be in place:
- Intermittent lane closures (one lane access) will be in effect for portions of NE 6 Street
(Sistrunk Blvd) from Andrews Avenue to Federal Highway. Eastbound and westbound
traffic will shift to one lane in each direction to allow crews to complete asphalt paving of
- Residents living in the affected areas will have full access to their property.
- As in any construction zone, motorists are reminded to pay close attention to traffic
control devices, signs and posted speed limits to ensure safe passage.
- Motorists are reminded to travel slowly in the work zone to ensure the safety of workers,
pedestrians and other motorists. The speed limit in the construction zone is 25 MPH.
Sistrunk Boulevard Infrastructure Project Overview
What the Project Is
- A major capital improvement project to
upgrade infrastructure and beautify
- The project area encompasses Sistrunk
Boulevard from Federal Highway to NW
- The project is estimated to take
14 to 16 months to complete.
- Expect intermittent lane closures and
traffic delays during construction.
What the Project Does
- Reducing portions of Sistrunk Boulevard
from four lanes to three lanes.
- Placing overhead utilities under ground.
- More on-street parking.
- Wider sidewalks.
- Decorative streetlights.
- Median and landscape enhancements.
- New bus shelters.
Download the Sistrunk Project overview .
See the revised construction schedule .
NE/NW 6 Street (Sistrunk Blvd) Streetscape and Enhancement Project OVERALL DBE GOAL FOR FISCAL YEAR 2009/2010
For more information about the Sistrunk Boulevard Infrastructure Project, please call 954-525-1818.