By locating in an Enterprise Zone a business can qualify for the following:
- Loans - Up to 75% of the project cost for construction or rehabilitation of an existing structure.
- Jobs Tax Credit Program - A tax credit of up to 45% of the actual monthly wages per job created in new or existing businesses.
- Sales Tax Refund for Business Machinery and Equipment - Refund of 97% of sales tax paid for business machinery or equipment. A maximum refund of $10,000 per purchase applies.
- Sales Tax Refund for Building Materials - Refund of 97% of the sales tax paid on the purchase of building materials to rehabilitate commercial property. This is a one-time tax credit with a maximum refund allowance of $10,000.
- Enterprise Zone Property Tax Credit - New and expanded businesses are allowed credit against ad valorem taxes paid for a maximum amount of $50,000 per year for five years. The amount a business is credited is based upon the number of jobs created and the number of employees hired who reside within the Enterprise Zone. Tax credits can be carried forward for five years.
See the Enterprise Zone Map .
See the Urban Jobs Tax Credit Map .
For a complete list of State Incentives, please visit Enterprise Florida Incentives.
To view if your property is located within the Zone, please visit http://gis-it.fortlauderdale.gov/property_info/map.asp.