The City of Fort Lauderdale will host a series of five Telephone Town Hall Meetings throughout 2016. Each Telephone Town Hall Meeting allows the City to build community by engaging our neighbors and providing a free and convenient forum for them to share their ideas and comments with us over the phone. The Telephone Town Hall Meetings enhance public access to City government by giving neighbors an opportunity to participate on each call and speak directly to the Mayor or a City Commissioner about a variety of issues.
About the Telephone Town Hall Meetings
Each of the five Telephone Town Hall Meetings lasts one hour and is hosted by a different elected official from the City of Fort Lauderdale, either the Mayor or a City Commissioner.
All of the Meetings are general in nature so participants can introduce any topics that are important to them. Neighbors are encouraged to join the meeting and share their ideas to enhance our community or ask a question about an ongoing project or City service.
During the Telephone Town Hall Meeting, the host elected official will provide a brief introduction and then answer questions from callers. Participants on the call can request to ask a question, or simply listen on the phone, without speaking.
Upcoming 2016 Telephone Town Hall Meetings
- Commissioner Bruce G. Roberts, Tuesday, August 30
- Commissioner Robert L. McKinzine, Tuesday, September 13
- Commissioner Romney Rogers, Thursday, October 13
How to Participate in a Telephone Town Hall Meeting
All of the Meetings are open to everyone, regardless of the City Commission District in which you live or work.
When the Telephone Town Hall Meeting begins, an automated system dials the listed phone numbers for our neighbors. If you receive a call at your house, you can join the Telephone Town Hall Meeting by staying on the line. You do not need to take any additional steps to listen to the call.
If you do not receive a call, or would like to dial into the Telephone Town Hall Meeting from your cell phone, simply call the designated toll-free phone number (888-410-3427) at any time during the Meeting.
Participants are not obligated to speak; they can simply listen to the Meeting without asking a question. If a participant would like to ask a question, they can press a number on their telephone keypad when prompted to do so.
Participants are encouraged to listen to the Telephone Town Hall Meeting for the full hour, but may exit the Meeting at any time by hanging up their telephone.
To be removed from the call list, please email a request with the number you would like to be removed to firstname.lastname@example.org or call 954-828-4743.
Previous Telephone Town Hall Meetings
Click on the links below to listen to an audio recording of any of the previously held Telephone Town Hall Meetings.
- July 14, 2016 - Vice Mayor Dean J. Trantalis
- June 13, 2016 - Mayor John P. "Jack" Seiler
- September 10, 2015 - Commissioner Romney Rogers
- June 18, 2015 - Vice Mayor McKinzie
- May 13, 2015 - Commissioner Dean J. Trantalis
- April 16, 2015 - Commissioner Bruce G. Roberts
- March 24, 2015 - Mayor John P. "Jack" Seiler
- July 10, 2014 - Vice Mayor Romney Rogers
- June 9, 2014 - Commissioner Bobby B. DuBose
- May 14, 2014 - Commissioner Dean J. Trantalis
- April 8, 2014- Vice Mayor Bruce C. Roberts
- March 5, 2014 - Mayor John P. "Jack" Seiler
- October 21, 2013 - Commissioner Romney Rogers
- September 24, 2013 - Commissioner Bobby B. DuBose
- August 22, 2013 - Vice Mayor Bruce G. Roberts
- July 10, 2013 - Commissioner Dean J. Trantalis
- May 20, 2013 - Mayor John P. "Jack" Seiler
For More Information
If you would like more information on the City of Fort Lauderdale Telephone Town Hall Meetings, please call Shannon Vezina in the Public Affairs Office at 954-828-4743 or send an email to email@example.com.