The Accounting and Financial Reporting Division ensures that financial transactions are properly recorded in accordance with Generally Accepted Accounting Principles (GAAP) and the Governmental Accounting Standards Board (GASB).
The division is responsible for:
- Providing departments and the public with timely financial information to assure accuracy, accountability, and transparency.
- Processing payroll in-house bi-weekly for employees and monthly for retirees.
- Processing weekly vendor payments.
- Monitor and perform reconciliations of Federal, State, and Local grants.
- Monitoring capital and non-capital project expenditures along with maintaining fixed assets records.
- Reconciling bank and trust accounts.
- The preparation of quarterly payroll tax reports, the State of Florida Annual Financial Report, the Annual Single Audit Report, the Popular Annual Financial Report (PAFR) and the Comprehensive Annual Financial Reports (CAFR).