The Treasury Division accounts for all revenues received by the City. The division assures sufficiency of working capital by making funds available when needed and maximizes return on capital through the administration of an aggressive investment program. The division also oversees the City's revenue projections, and conducts all grant accounting activities.
The City's investment activities are managed according to the City's Investment Policy, which applies to all cash and investments held or controlled by the City and address the investment of public funds in excess of the amounts needed to meet current expenses. This policy is designed to safeguard the City's funds, the availability of operating and capital funds when needed, and an investment return competitive with comparable funds and financial market indices. For additional information about the City's investments, see the Quarterly Investment Report and Comprehensive Annual Financial Report (CAFR).
The Treasury Division facilitates the City’s debt issuances and assists in obtaining credit ratings. It works with external advisors, investment managers, bond counsel, disclosure counsel and financial advisors to ensure compliance with securities regulations. For detailed information on the City’s outstanding debt, see the Annual Bondholder's Report.
As part of its continuing effort to efficiently disclose pertinent information to investors and other interested parties, the City has engaged Digital Assurance Certification, L.L.C. (DAC) as its investor relations provider and utilizes electronic methods for the dissemination of such information. Information is currently available electronically in several locations, including the DAC website and the Electronic Municipal Market Access system (EMMA) website.
The City of Fort Lauderdale has engaged DAC as its Investor Relations Provider. To view the City's secondary market disclosure information:
- Go to the DAC website.
- In the DAC for Investors box on the left, click on Register to select your personal username and password. (Activation is immediate)
- Type your username and password in the fields provided on the Home page of Log In page.
- On the bottom of the Attention page, click on Continue.
- On the left in the Quick Search, leave the first box defaulted to Obligor.
- Type Fort Lauderdale in the second box and click the double arrows.
- Click on Fort Lauderdale, Florida, City of to view a list of issues OR click on Disclosure to view documents filed.
Please call DAC at 888-824-2663 and speak with a customer service representative if you have any questions.