Challenge, Diversity, Opportunity
Choosing the fire rescue service as a career can prove to be one of the most interesting and personally satisfying choices one can make. In our ever-changing, complex world, firefighting is not just another job, it is an employment opportunity that offers a challenging, demanding, exciting and rewarding career for men and women.
Fort Lauderdale Fire Rescue is diverse, vibrant and progressive agency that includes 11 fire stations and more than 450 firefighter personnel who come from various cultural and educational backgrounds
Built on a solid foundation of values and with a keen eye on the challenges ahead, the future promises to be bright. New ideas, technology, equipment and training are driving the Fort Lauderdale Fire Rescue to constantly improve the high level of service we provide to ensure the safety and wellbeing of the City of Fort Lauderdale's citizens and visitors.
Fort Lauderdale Fire Rescue is committed to finding a diverse group of men and women who are ready, willing and able to respond to the needs of the City. We are looking for firefighters who are qualified, motivated and dedicated.
In addition to firefighting and emergency medical response, Fort Lauderdale firefighters also have the opportunity to participate in a variety of specialty areas including hazardous materials, technical rescue, dive rescue and fire investigation and prevention.
If you’re looking for a demanding, rewarding and exciting career that will provide you with significant personal satisfaction through helping others, contact Debra Flowers at 954-828-3616 or e-mail email@example.com.
Fort Lauderdale Fire Rescue Department
Prerequisites for Application
All applicants must:
- Be at least 18 years of age.
- Have a high school diploma or possess a GED equivalent.
- Possess a valid class “D” Florida driver’s license with emergency endorsement and have a driving record that meets the City of Fort Lauderdale’s requirements.
- Have an EVOC (16-hour) certificate issued by a certified Florida agency.
- Possess a current, valid Firefighter Certificate of Compliance, Certificate of Statutory Compliance or Certificate of Training issued by the state of Florida.
- Possess and maintain a current valid Florida paramedic license
- Be a non-smoker/non-user of tobacco (in any form) for at least one year prior to application, remain smoke-free during employment/application process and agree not to smoke or use tobacco (in any form) on or off duty during the tenure of employment.
- Possess or be able to obtain a Broward Countywide Physical Ability Card from Broward Fire Academy.
If you are interested in being placed on a mailing list for the next City of Fort Lauderdale Fire Rescue Department testing process, please follow the link below to Human Resources Job Interest Card.
All of the information contained in this recruitment overview is subject to change due to collective bargaining agreements, rules and regulations that govern the City of Fort Lauderdale Fire Rescue and the Policy & Standards Manual of the City of Fort Lauderdale.
Read our Frequently Asked Questions and Testimonials about working for Fort Lauderdale Fire Rescue.