Fort Lauderdale Ocean Rescue provides many educational programs and hosts numerous events each year.
- Fort Lauderdale Ocean Rescue lifeguards have conducted water safety presentations to civic groups, lectures to homeowners associations, and career day presentations to area elementary schools. To request a presentation to your group, please call 954-828-4595.
- Signage has been placed at unguarded areas of the public beach; the public is urged to swim at lifeguard-supervised beaches.
- Since 1985, Fort Lauderdale has offered a Junior Lifeguard Program. Last year the program was expanded and two additional instructors were added. For information, call 954-828-4595.
- Hosts the Annual Basic Life Support competition in conjunction with Fort Lauderdale Fire Rescue.
- Hosts the Annual Fort Lauderdale Relays Invitational Surf Lifesaving Competition.
- Has hosted a USLA/FBPCA 2-Mile Paddleboard Series event for several consecutive years.