Employee Relations is responsible for:
- Bargaining with four labor organizations that represent the City’s workforce, through five collective bargaining agreements.
- Labor contract administration.
- Training in contract changes and in other related areas.
- Conducting research on operational and emerging employer issues and communicate the findings.
- Assist department directors and managers in policy and organizational development.
- Personnel Rules
- IAFF Local 765 Contract
- FOP Lodge 31 Contract - Police Officers & Sergeants
- FOP Lodge 31 Contract - Lieutenants & Captains
- Federation of Public Employees Contract
- Teamsters Contract
- Society for Human Resources Management (SHRM)
- International Public Management Association for Human Resources (IPMA-HR)
- National Public Employer Labor Relations Association (NPELRA)
- Florida Public Employer Labor Relations Association (FPELRA)
- Dispute Resolution Center Supreme Court Florida (DRC)
The Office of Professional Standards (OPS) is responsible for:
- Conflict Resolution/Mediation within work units at the earliest possible stage.
- Ethics and Professional Standards applicable to City employees.
- Promote an environment and culture within the City that is fair and equitable.
Should a wrong doing or questionable behavior be observed by either an employee or a citizen, a complaint can be filed by calling 954-828-5300. Employees are encouraged to report and attempt to resolve their work-related concerns at the lowest possible level within the City organization. All City employees are required to take reasonable steps to ensure that co-workers or employees under their supervision are not subjected to a hostile work environment and are treated in a fair and professional manner.