The City of Fort Lauderdale offers swimming lessons year round!
American Red Cross certified Water Safety Instructors lead all lessons.
Special thanks to the American Red Cross for its support that allows us to offer swimming lessons at discounted rates at Carter Park Pool - $10 residents, $15 non-residents!
Thank you to our partner USA Swimming Foundation for supporting swimming lessons for our youth programs.
Once-per-Week: Class meets once-per-week for 6-8 weeks; 30 to 45 minutes.
Weekdays: Class meets daily Monday-Thursday for a 2-week session; 30 to 45 minutes.
Fort Lauderdale Aquatic Complex: April 8 - May 24
- Fort Lauderdale Aquatic Complex: Once-per-Week: Sunday, Monday, Wednesday
- Registration: February 19
- NO CLASS on the following dates: 4/18 (Wed); 4/22 (Sun); 4/29 (Sun); 5/20 (Sun)
Community Pools: June 19 - August 10
- Bass Park Pool: Weekdays
- Carter Park Pool: Weekdays; Once-per-Week - Saturday; $10 - Residents, $15 - Non-Residents
- Croissant Park Pool: Weekdays; Once-per-Week - Sunday
- Riverland Park Pool: Weekdays; Once-per-Week - Saturday
- Registration Begins: April 15
- No Classes: Tuesday, July 4
Basic Diving Skills
Learn how to safely enter the pool from the deck and a diving board! This 1 hour group class focuses on basic diving and head-first pool entries as a supplement to the American Red Cross Learn-to-Swim program. Includes entries from the side of the pool and 1 and 3-meter spring boards. Class offered only at the Fort Lauderdale Aquatic Complex.
For competitive dive team and instruction, please visit the Fort Lauderdale Dive Team.
Class Offered: Sunday, March 10
Time: 10:00 - 11:00 a.m.
Ages: 4 - 12 years
|Non - Resident||$15.00|
Private and Semi-Private Lessons
Scheduled upon request. Offered at select locations. Please call (954) 828-4580 to schedule a private lesson.
Private Lessons: One-on-one individualized instruction for adults and children ages 6 months and older.
|One 30-minute lesson:||$45|
|Five 30-minute lessons:||$200|
|Ten 30-minute lessons:||$360|
Semi-Private Lessons: Groups of 2-3 participants ages 3 years and older.
|One 30-minute lesson:||$70 (2 participants = $35 each)|
|Five 30-minute lessons:||$300 (2 participants = $150 each)|