Welcome to Parking
The City of Fort Lauderdale was recently ranked among Top 10 Best Cities for Parking!
The Parking Division is ready to serve you. Our functions include:
- Addressing customers' questions, concerns or complaints
- Providing permit information and costs
- Selling parking permits
- Receiving all citation payments
- Receiving customer correspondence
- Providing parking information
- Red-Light Safety Camera Program
NOTICE: Use of Smart Park Personal Meters Ending June 30, 2014
When Smart Park meters were first introduced many years ago, they were convenient and widely accepted. Since the introduction of other technology, such as Pay by Phone, use of these meters has rapidly dwindled. Late last year, the software needed to "reload" the cards became unsupported and obsolete.
We know that less than 100 meters are still in use and believe that most, if not all of those, are near depletion of funds. There are, on the other hand, more than 45,000 active Pay by Phone customers within the City of Fort Lauderdale.
As of June 30, 2014 the use of any remaining Smart Park meters will not be recognized. All meter customers should contact Parking Services as soon as possible at 954-828-3700 to have their contract reviewed. All refund requests must be made within 30 days.
We encourage current users of Smart Park Personal Meters to consider enrolling with Pay by Phone.
Thank you and we apologize in advance for any inconvenience this may cause.
Valet Parking Permits
Business Partners: Learn about the new Valet Parking Permit Ordinance and Application Procedure.
Pay By Phone
Learn more about Pay By Phone
Learn about our popular Cashless Parking Programs
Sun Trolley Community Bus
Another convenient option for visiting Fort Lauderdale Beach and downtown locations is to park at one of the City's public parking lots and garages and then ride the Sun Trolley Community Bus to your destination.
- Public Workshop Presentation Barrier Island Parking Study North Beach (Galt) Area
- Public Workshop Presentation Barrier Island Parking Study Central Beach / Sunrise Lane Area
- Barrier Island Parking Study DRAFT Final Report - August 2011
- Long-Range Transportation Plan
City of Fort Lauderdale Parking Services
290 N.E. 3rd Avenue
Fort Lauderdale, FL 33301
954-828-3700 (Customer Service)
Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday, and Friday: 7:45 a.m. to 4:00 p.m.
Thursdays: 7:45 a.m. to 5:30 p.m.