The Transportation Awards recognize the contributions community members make to help the City achieve its goal of being a safe, connected, multimodal, and sustainable community. Two awards – Neighbor Champion and Outstanding Project or Program – will be given for innovation, advocacy, and excellence in transportation projects, programs, or efforts. The winners will be announced at the 7th Annual Transportation Summit on May 16, 2018.
To submit a nomination, please complete the Transportation Awards nomination form below. The nomination deadline is Friday, April 27, 2018, at 5 p.m.
AWARD GUIDELINES AND INSTRUCTIONS
- Applicants may submit one nomination per category. A separate nomination form is required for each submittal.
- Award narratives may be no more than 500 words.
- Applicants may submit up to four (4) pages of supporting materials (i.e., newspaper clippings, photographs, letters, or other items) that document the nominee’s project and/or effort. Videotapes, DVDs, CDs, or PowerPoint presentations will not be accepted.
- Incomplete nomination forms will not be considered.
The following criteria will assist you in completing the award narrative. Please incorporate this information into the award narrative, where applicable.
- Description – Please state why you are nominating this individual, neighborhood, organization, or project for an award. Please include specific details about the transportation project, program, or effort.
- Innovation – How was the nominee’s project, program, or effort innovative and creative? Describe how “green” or sustainable approaches were considered if any?
- Impact – How did the nominee effectively improve mobility, connectivity, and/or safety through this transportation project? Please describe any sustainability benefits that may have resulted from this improvement?
- Collaboration – How did the nominee work with other organizations, communities, or individuals to implement or advocate for the project? For all categories, please include the names of individuals/organizations worked with, where applicable.
- Inspiration – How was the project designed to encourage replication by others (individuals, groups, municipalities, etc.)?