A Maintenance of Traffic (MOT) plan is required any time work is conducted within a City of Fort Lauderdale right-of-way. The MOT plan shall conform to the latest edition of FDOT’s Design Standards and Part IV of the Manual of Uniform Traffic Control Devices (MUTCD) for Streets and Highways. Compliance with the requirements of the approved plan are the responsibility of the applicant. The approved MOT must be on site prior to and during the entire construction period.MOT Form and Guidelines
LauderStreet Map MOT Process
To download the MOT Form click here .
- Fill out the MOT Form electronically and attach all supplemental documents to the application. The City only accepts complete electronic applications. Incomplete applications will be rejected and returned to the applicant.
The City has developed LauderStreet, a mobile friendly searchable map that provides location-specific information about road and sidewalk closures in the City's right-of-way. When applying for an MOT in the City, you can use LauderStreet as a planning tool to see if there are any current or upcoming closures at the same location during the times and dates you are submitting an MOT for. By avoiding overlapping road closures and working together we can reduce traffic impacts in the City.
LauderStreet features location-specific information on each closure such as the reason for the closure, duration of the closure and in many cases, detour information. The map links directly to Google’s traffic layer, allowing users to see the impact a closure is having on traffic. Please click here to view LauderStreet today!
- Fill out the entire MOT form. If a field does not apply, use N/A. Incomplete forms will not be processed.
- Please obtain all required departmental signatures.
- Submit MOT form to Transportation and Mobility for review and approval.
- Be aware of corresponding communication (via phone or email) from the City's staff in regards to your MOT.
- A certified Traffic Control Supervisor must sign the MOT plan, and a copy of his/her current certification must be
- For road jurisdiction information, please visit Broward County's interactive map or view a PDF of the map here.
- Broward County's MOT Application can be found here.
- For more guidance, please refer to the Maintenance of Traffic Form and Guidelines.
- Completed Required Signatures Form
- Color aerial(s)
- Florida Department of Transportation Index Drawing(s)
- MOT plan
- Copy of certification(s) for Traffic Control Technician or Traffic Control Supervisor
- Plan of work (optional, but preferred)
- Photos of work site (optional, but preferred)
- County and State approvals (if required)
- Crane and Parking Mitigation (if required)
For permit information, please visit the Building Permits page.
The Property and Right-of-Way application can be found here.
|Transportation and Mobility||
|Fire Rescue Department||Chief Timothy Heiser||THeiser@fortlauderdale.gov||954-828-6831|
|Police Department||Patrol Secretary Office||954-828-5477|
|Broward County Traffic Engineering||Lei Caiemail@example.com||954-847-2653|
|Department of Sustainable Development||
(Permits and Crane Mitigation)
|Transportation and Mobility
|Dee Paris (Parking Mitigation)||DParis@fortlauderdale.gov||954-828-3771|
|Department of Sustainable Development||Urban Design and Planning (PROW)||954-828-6520 x3|