Kick off the holidays in style when thousands of sparkling lights brighten Fort Lauderdale’s picturesque beachfront at the City’s annual Light Up the Beach event. Join your neighbors for this fun-filled community celebration that takes place along world famous A1A and features, the illumination of more than 50,000 lights, colorful holiday decorations, and a public art display.
The evening will begin at 5:30 pm with a live performance by the South Florida Chamber Ensemble on the promenade at A1A and Las Olas Boulevard. The Holiday Lightning Ceremony will take place at 6:30 pm when Fort Lauderdale Mayor John P. "Jack" Seiler flips the switch to illuminate the beachfront along with a larger-than-life sailboat display.
The iconic one-of-a-kind sailboat display measures 30-feet wide, 22 feet high, and 20 feet deep. It features three sailboats gliding through a series of scalloped waves made of 16-inch wide ornamental aluminum. The public art display will be illuminated with LED lights and digitally choreographed to holiday music.
Immediately following the lighting ceremony, neighbors are invited to enjoy a free 90-minute concert featuring classic holiday favorites performed by the Florida 9th District American Legion Symphonic Band at D.C. Alexander Park, located just down the block at A1A and SE 5 Street. Kids will at the complete with bounce houses, slides, and pony rides.
Holiday Lighting Ceremony
A1A and Las Olas Boulevard
- 5:30 pm - South Florida Chamber Ensemble performs “Sounds of the Season”
- 6:30 pm - Join Mayor John P. “Jack” Seiler and city officials for the Illumination of 50,000 holiday lights and larger-than-life sailboat display
D.C. Alexander Park, 501 Seabreeze Boulevard (A1A and SE 5 Street)
- 7:00 pm - Enjoy a holiday classics performed by the Florida 9th District American Legion Symphonic Band.
- 7:00 pm - Kids Zone with Bounce Houses, Slides and Pony Rides
Parking is available at the following City of Fort Lauderdale beach parking lots (see map below):
- Oceanside Lot (Las Olas and A1A)
- Intracoastal Lot (Las Olas and Las Olas Circle)
- Fort Lauderdale Beach Park Lot (A1A and SE 6 Street)
- Sebastian Street Lot (A1A and Sebastian Street)