Light Up Sistrunk 2013
Friday, December 6, 2013
5:00 to 9:00 pm
Historic Sistrunk Boulevard between NW 9th Avenue and NW 12th Avenue
FREE and open to the public
(Food and beverages will be on sale.)
FREE at the following locations:
- NW 6th St. at the corner of NW 7th Ave.
(Across from the Westside Gazette)
- Along NW 9th Ave. between NW 6th St. and NW 4th
Reminder to event goers: Please do not leave valuables in your vehicle.
Schedule of Events
5:15 pm -
Dillard High School Marching Band kicks off festivities
5:30 pm -
Bank of America Kids Zone Opens /
Walgreens Wonderland Opens
6:00 pm -
Entertainment on the main stage begins with Lauren Carter
6:30 pm -
7:00 pm -
Mt. Olive, The Black Noel and Pastor Marcus Davidson perform
Parks and Recreation Kids perform
8:00 pm -
Dillard High School Gospel Choir performs
8:30 pm -
The City of Fort Lauderdale will be closing several streets Friday, December 6, 2013 for Light Up Sistrunk.
Closures and times are as follows:
- Sistrunk Boulevard will be closed from NW 9th Avenue to NW 11th Avenue beginning at 8:00 am.
- Roads will be closed to thru traffic at the following locations (these streets will not be able to access Sistrunk Blvd.):
- NW 10th Avenue
- NW 10th Terrace
- NW 11th Avenue
The following streets will be open for local traffic only:
- NW 10th Avenue, NW 11th Avenue from NW 6th Street to NW 5th Street
- NW 10th Avenue, NW 10th Terrace, NW 11th Avenue from NW 6th Street to NW 7th Street
Driving Directions to Light Up Sistrunk
- Take I-95 N
- Exit onto Broward Boulevard East
- Take Broward Boulevard to NW 7th Avenue (Avenue of the Arts)
- Turn left on NW 7th Avenue
- From NW 7th Avenue, turn left onto Sistrunk Blvd / NW 6th Street
From West Palm Beach:
- Take I-95 S
- Exit onto Sunrise Boulevard East (Go east on Sunrise)
- Take Sunrise Boulevard to NW 7th Avenue (Avenue of the Arts)
- Turn right on NW 7th Avenue
- From NW 7th Avenue, turn right onto Sistrunk Blvd / NW 6th Street
Please watch for Event Staff to help event goers to the parking lots.
Learn about Sponsorship Opportunities .
If you have questions about the Light Up Sistrunk, please contact Petula Burks, City of Fort Lauderdale Public Affairs Office, 954.828.4742 or via e-mail – firstname.lastname@example.org.