"Know before you go" with LauderStreet, a new interactive, mobile-friendly map that provides location-specific information about current and upcoming road and sidewalk closures in the City’s right-of-way (ROW). LauderStreet is a great tool to learn about road closures near your home, work, and other favorite places before you head out.
Information Regarding Street Closures in the City of Fort Lauderdale
Please be advised that the following report is compiled from multiple sources and agencies that, at times, provide conflicting information. Every effort is made to ensure accuracy; however, due to the fluid nature of road closures, this information is subject to change.
>> I-95 from south of Broward Boulevard to north of Commercial Boulevard
- Three northbound lanes of I-95 will be closed Sunday through Thursday night between 10:30 p.m. and 5 a.m. The first lane will close at 10:30 p.m., the second lane at 11:30 p.m. and the third lane at 12:30 a.m. until 5 a.m. All lanes will be open by 5:30 a.m.
- Three southbound lanes of I-95 will be closed Sunday through Thursday night between 10:30 p.m. and 5 a.m. The first lane will close at 10:30 p.m., the second lane at 11:30 p.m. and the third lane at 12:30 a.m. until 5 a.m. All lanes will be open by 5:30 a.m.
- The I-95 northbound exit ramp to Broward Boulevard will be closed Sunday through Thursday night between 11:30 p.m. and 5 a.m. Traffic will be detoured via I-95 and Sunrise Boulevard. FHP will be on site to assist motorists.
>> A1A from Oakland Park Boulevard to Flamingo Avenue
- One lane in each direction of A1A from Oakland Park Boulevard to Flamingo Avenue may be intermittently closed Monday through Friday between 8 a.m. and 5 p.m. for lighting restoration.
>> Broward Boulevard from NW 18 Avenue to US 1
- The sidewalk along the north side of Broward Boulevard between NW 18 Avenue and NW 15 Avenue is closed. Detour signs are in place to guide pedestrians.
- Westbound traffic is shifted slightly north and will use the 3-lane temporary bridge for the duration of construction.
- Eastbound traffic is shifted slightly north to the newly constructed north side of the bridge through early 2018 while crews construct the south side of the bridge.
- Up to two lanes in each direction of Broward Boulevard from US 1 to NW 18 Avenue (500 feet maximum at a time) will be closed weekdays between 10 p.m. and 6 a.m. and Saturdays between 9 a.m. and 4 p.m. for drainage improvements, widening, curb and gutter installation, and sidewalk construction.
- The sidewalk along the north side of Broward Boulevard from US 1 to NW 14 Avenue is closed for utility improvements. Signs are in place to direct pedestrians to the south sidewalk.
- Access between SW 15 Terrace and Broward Boulevard is closed through late January 2018. Detour signage is in place to guide motorists to SW 14 Avenue to access SW 15 Terrace.
>> Broward Mobility Project: SW 31 Avenue from Riverland Road to Broward Boulevard
- Lane widths on SW 31 Avenue from Riverland Road to Broward Boulevard will be reduced and traffic may be shifted toward the center of the road Monday through Friday between 9 a.m. and 4:30 p.m. for signing and pavement markings.
>> Old Dixie Highway Improvements Project from NE 13th Street to the Middle River Bridge
- One lane of Old Dixie Highway from NE 13 Street to the south end of the Middle River Bridge may be closed weekdays through Friday, February 2, 2018 between 7:30 a.m. and 6 p.m. for resurfacing, roadway widening, and signage and landscaping installation. Flaggers will direct traffic through the work zone. Motorists can expect delays.
- “No Thru Trucks” signs have been installed at both ends of the corridor (NE 13th Street in Fort Lauderdale and NE 11thAvenue in Wilton Manors) to enhance safety now that portions of Old Dixie Highway have been narrowed to accommodate the construction work.
- Lanes widths have been narrowed from NE 14 Place to NE 18 Court. This is a “No Passing Zone”. Use caution when driving through the work zone.
- There is a new traffic pattern in place from NE 14 Place to NE 16 Court because of the new raised intersections, raised crosswalks, and new roundabout at NE 16 Court. Use caution when driving through the work zone.
>> SW 4th Avenue at SW 28th Street Intersection
- One lane of SW 28 Street at SW 4 Avenue will be intermittently closed Tuesday through Friday between 9 a.m. and 4 p.m. for roadway widening. Flaggers will direct traffic as needed
>> Replacement of the Broward Boulevard Bridge over the North Fork of the New River
- Construction will be completed in Summer 2018.
- Access to businesses, residences and schools will be maintained at all times.
- Single-lane closures are expected Mondays through Fridays between 10 p.m. and 6 a.m.
- Double-lane closures are expected Mondays through Fridays between 12:30 a.m. and 6 a.m.
- Lane closures may also occur on weekends, except during special events.
Please remember to slow down in construction areas and always buckle up, drive carefully and arrive safely. Share the road.