"Know before you go" with LauderStreet, a new interactive, mobile-friendly map that provides location-specific information about current and upcoming road and sidewalk closures in the City’s right-of-way (ROW). LauderStreet is a great tool to learn about road closures near your home, work, and other favorite places before you head out.
Information Regarding Street Closures in the City of Fort Lauderdale
Please be advised that the following report is compiled from multiple sources and agencies that, at times, provide conflicting information. Every effort is made to ensure accuracy; however, due to the fluid nature of road closures, this information is subject to change.
>> Sunrise Blvd at the Florida East Coast (FEC) Railroad Tracks
- Sunrise Blvd at the Florida East Coast (FEC) Railroad Tracks will be closed beginning Saturday, March 24, 2018 at 7 am through Tuesday, March 27, 2018 at 6 am.
- Eastbound traffic will be detoured south via NE 4th Ave to Broward Blvd. Drivers are encouraged to detour in advance of this location by going south on NW 7th Ave or N Andrews Ave to get to Broward Blvd.
- Westbound traffic will be detoured south via N Federal Hwy (US1) to Broward Blvd.
>> I-95 from south of Broward Boulevard to north of Commercial Boulevard
- Three northbound and three southbound lanes of I-95 between Broward Boulevard and Commercial Boulevard will be closed Sunday night through Thursday night between 10:30 p.m. and 5 a.m. The first lane will close at 10:30 p.m., the second lane at 11:30 p.m. and the third lane at 12:30 a.m. until 5 a.m. All lanes will be open by 5:30 a.m.
- The I-95 northbound entrance ramp from Oakland Park Boulevard will be closed to all traffic Sunday night through Thursday night from 11:30 p.m. until 5 a.m. Traffic will be detoured off I-95 at Commercial Boulevard. FHP will be on site to direct motorists.
- I-95 in both directions, from south of Davie Boulevard to north of Commercial Boulevard, will have intermittent shoulder and ramp shoulder closures, as needed, daily and nightly.
- The southbound I-95 entrance ramp from Broward Boulevard will be closed nightly 11:30 p.m. to 5 a.m. Sunday night February 25 through Thursday night March 1. FHP will be on site to assist motorists.
- Advanced Notice: The southbound I-95 exit ramp to Davie Boulevard will be closed Sunday night, March 11 through Thursday night, March 15 between 11:30 p.m. and 5 a.m. each night.
- Advanced Notice: One lane of the eastbound/westbound I-595 to northbound I-95 will be closed overnight Sunday, March 11 through Thursday night, March 15 between 11:30 p.m .and 5 a.m. each night.
>> A1A from Oakland Park Boulevard to Flamingo Avenue
- One lane in each direction on A1A from Oakland Park Boulevard to Flamingo Avenue may be intermittently closed Monday through Friday between 8 a.m. and 5 p.m.
>> Broward Boulevard from NW 18 Avenue to US 1
- The sidewalk is closed along the north side of Broward Boulevard between NW 18 Avenue and NW 15 Avenue
- Detour signs are in place to guide pedestrians
- Westbound traffic is shifted slightly north and will use the 3-lane temporary bridge for the duration of construction
- Eastbound traffic is shifted slightly north to the newly constructed north side of the bridge through early 2018 while crews construct the south side of the bridge
- Up to two lanes in each direction of Broward Boulevard from US 1 to NW 18 Avenue (500 feet maximum at a time) will be closed weekdays between 10 p.m. and 6 a.m. and Saturdays between 9 a.m. and 4 p.m.
- The sidewalk is closed along the north side of Broward Boulevard from US 1 to NW 14 Avenue
- Signs are in place to direct pedestrians to the south sidewalk
- SW 15 Terrace is closed at Broward Boulevard through February
- Detour signage is in place to guide motorists via SW 14 Avenue to access SW 15 Terrace
>> Broward Mobility Project: SW 31 Avenue from Riverland Road to Broward Boulevard
- One lane in each direction of NW 31 Avenue from Broward Boulevard to Oakland Park Boulevard will be closed overnight Sunday through Thursday night between 8:30 p.m. and 5 a.m. to remove old asphalt and repave the travel lanes.
>> Old Dixie Highway Improvements Project from NE 13th Street to the Middle River Bridge
- The new roundabout at NE 16 Court is open to traffic.
- One lane in both directions of Old Dixie Highway from NE 13 Street to the south end of the Middle River Bridge may be closed weekdays through Friday, March 2, 2018 between 7:30 a.m. and 6 p.m. Flaggers will direct traffic through the work zone. Motorists can expect delays.
- "No Thru Trucks" signs have been installed at both ends of the corridor (NE 13th Street in Fort Lauderdale and NE 11th Avenue in Wilton Manors) to enhance safety now that portions of Old Dixie Highway have been narrowed to accommodate the construction work
- Lanes widths have been narrowed from NE 14 Place to NE 18 Court. This is a “No Passing Zone”. Use caution when driving through the work zone
- There is a new traffic pattern in place from NE 14 Place to NE 16 Court because of the new raised intersections, raised crosswalks, and new roundabout at NE 16 Court. Use caution when driving through the work zone.
>> SW 4th Avenue at SW 28th Street Intersection
- One lane of SW 28 Street at SW 4 Avenue will be intermittently closed Tuesday through Friday between 9 a.m. and 4 p.m. for roadway widening. Flaggers will direct traffic as needed
>> Replacement of the Broward Boulevard Bridge over the North Fork of the New River
- Construction will be completed in Summer 2018.
- Access to businesses, residences and schools will be maintained at all times.
- Single-lane closures are expected Mondays through Fridays between 10 p.m. and 6 a.m.
- Double-lane closures are expected Mondays through Fridays between 12:30 a.m. and 6 a.m.
- Lane closures may also occur on weekends, except during special events.
Please remember to slow down in construction areas and always buckle up, drive carefully and arrive safely. Share the road.