"Know before you go" with LauderStreet, a new interactive, mobile-friendly map that provides location-specific information about current and upcoming road and sidewalk closures in the City’s right-of-way (ROW). LauderStreet is a great tool to learn about road closures near your home, work, and other favorite places before you head out.
Information Regarding Street Closures in the City of Fort Lauderdale
Please be advised that the following report is compiled from multiple sources and agencies that, at times, provide conflicting information. Every effort is made to ensure accuracy; however, due to the fluid nature of road closures, this information is subject to change.
>> Great American Beach Party - Saturday, May 27
- A1A will be closed from Las Olas Boulevard north to Castillo Street from 5:30 a.m. on Saturday, May 27 to 1:00 a.m. on Sunday, May 28.
- Motorists traveling north on A1A will be detoured west onto Las Olas Boulevard, north on Birch Road, east on Bayshore Drive, and back north onto A1A.
- Alhambra Street, Seville Street and Granada Street will be open to local traffic only.
- Heavy traffic and delays are expected from S.E. 17th Street north to Bayshore Drive. Motorists should avoid the area and seek alternate travel routes where possible.
- Read more about transportation options at https://goo.gl/o7GtJU
>> A1A Improvements Project from Oakland Park Boulevard to Flamingo Avenue
- Access from northbound Galt Ocean Drive to A1A will be restricted through April/May 2017. Motorists may access A1A via NE 41st Street, NE 36th Street and NE 35th Street.
>> SE 17th Street at SE 15th Avenue
- One lane in each direction of SE 17 Street at SE 15 Avenue will be closed Sunday through Thursday evenings between 7:30 p.m. and 11:30 a.m. Construction will begin February 28, 2017 and will be completed in summer 2017.
>> River Oaks Pump Station Upgrade - Temporary Road Closures on SW 9th Avenue
The intersection of Avocado Isle and SW 9th Avenue will be closed on:
- Sept. 14 – October 16
Other temporary lane closures may go into effect during construction. Water and sewer service should not be affected during construction. Neighbors are asked to please follow posted detour routes and drive with caution in the area.
>> Old Dixie Highway from north of NE 13th Street to south of the bridge over the Middle River
- Construction is expected to be completed by early 2018
>> Replacement of the Broward Boulevard Bridge over the North Fork of the New River
- Construction will be completed in summer 2018.
- Access to businesses, residences and schools will be maintained at all times.
- Single-lane closures are expected Mondays through Fridays between 10 p.m. and 6 a.m.
- Double-lane closures are expected Mondays through Fridays between 12:30 a.m. and 6 a.m.
- Lane closures may also occur on weekends, except during special events.
>> State Road A1A Construction Work through Summer 2017
- Improvements on A1A from Oakland Park Boulevard to Flamingo Avenue
- Two lanes of traffic in each direction of A1A will be maintained at all times.
- The existing 35 mph speed limit will remain in effect during construction.
- Single-lane closures can be expected from 9:30 p.m. to 7:30 a.m.
- At signalized intersections, a lane may be closed for a period of two hours or less between 9 a.m. and 3 p.m.
- A sidewalk will be maintained on at least one side of the road within the project limits. Signage will be in place to guide pedestrians through the work zone.
- During construction, the right or outside lane in each direction will become a shared bicycle lane and will have temporary "sharrow" (share the road) pavement markings and signage.
Please remember to slow down in construction areas and always buckle up, drive carefully and arrive safely. Share the road.