Please be advised that this report is compiled from multiple sources and agencies that, at times, provide conflicting information. Every effort is made to ensure accuracy; however, due to the fluid nature of road closures, this information is subject to change.
Information Regarding Street Closures in the City of Fort Lauderdale
>> Johnson and Wales’ Graduation Ceremony will be held at the Greater Fort Lauderdale/Broward County Convention Center on Saturday, May 21, starting at 9:30 AM. More than 5,000 attendees are expected.
Heavy traffic and some delays are expected as graduation attendees enter the Port starting at 7:30 AM and exit the ceremony between 12:30 and 2:30 PM. Port tenants, users and visitors are advised to avoid Northport when possible and to not use the Checkpoints located at Eisenhower Blvd./Southeast 17th St. or Spangler Blvd./State Road 84.
Motorists with Port business should enter and exit the Port using the Eller Dr. /I-595 Checkpoint.
>> Bridges of the Isles and Sunrise Key Bridges Replacement in Fort Lauderdale
- One lane of the Isle of Venice Bridge, Royal Palm Drive Bridge and Sunrise Key Boulevard Bridge will be closed through Thursday, June 30. Traffic signals and flaggers will assist motorists through the work zone.
- One lane of the Nurmi Drive Bridge and the Fiesta Way Bridge will be closed daily between 7 a.m. and 5:30 p.m. through Thursday, June 30. A flag crew will assist motorists through the work zone.
- One lane in each direction of Las Olas Boulevard from Royal Palm Drive to Isle of Venice Drive will be closed continuously through Thursday, June 30. There will be no construction-related lane closures during the following holidays and special events: Friday, April 15 through Sunday, April 17 for Tortuga Music Festival; Saturday, May 7 and Sunday, May 8 for Lauderdale Air Show; Saturday, May 28 for Great American Beach Party; Monday, July 4 for Independence Day Celebration.
- Westbound traffic on Las Olas Boulevard between Isle of Venice and Royal Palm Drive may be shifted into one eastbound lane Monday, April 25 through Friday, April 29 between 7 a.m. and 5:30 p.m. or between 7 p.m. and 7 a.m. while crews pave the roadway and move cranes and other equipment. Flaggers will be at each end of the traffic shift and at the cross streets to direct the traveling public through the work zone area. Traffic on San Marco Drive, Coral Way, and Royal Plaza Drive will be right turn only onto eastbound Las Olas Boulevard. Motorists wishing to travel westbound will be detoured to turn right at Sunset Drive, left at Riviera Isle Drive / SE 25th Street and left to westbound Las Olas Boulevard. One lane in each direction will remain open to motorists.
>> Sunrise Boulevard Bridge over the Middle River
- The sidewalk along the north side of the Sunrise Boulevard Middle River Bridge between NE 20th Avenue and Middle River Drive is closed through summer 2016. Pedestrians can use the sidewalk along the south side of the new bridge.
- One of the two left turn lanes from northbound Middle River Drive to westbound Sunrise Boulevard is closed through summer 2016.
- One westbound lane of Sunrise Boulevard between Middle River Drive and NE 20th Avenue is closed through summer 2016. Westbound traffic will travel in two lanes on the new bridge for the duration of the construction project.
- Left turns from westbound Sunrise Boulevard to southbound NE 20th Avenue are permitted from the left westbound lane throughout the duration of construction.
- The installation of a new fender system for the bridge will cause intermittent interruptions in the channel Monday through Friday between 8 a.m. and 4 p.m.
>> U.S. 1 Improvements from Broward Boulevard to NE 17th Way
- One northbound lane of US 1 between Broward Boulevard and NE 9th Street will be closed Monday through Friday between 7 a.m. and 3 p.m.
- One southbound lane of U.S. 1 between NE 9th Street and Broward Boulevard will be closed Monday through Friday between 7 a.m. and 8 a.m. and between 9 a.m. and 7 p.m.
- One lane in each direction of US 1 / Sunrise Boulevard between NE 9th Street and NE 17th Way will be closed Monday through Friday between 8 a.m. and 5 p.m. and between 8 p.m. and 5 a.m.
>> A1A Improvements Project from Oakland Park Boulevard to Flamingo Avenue
- One lane in each direction of A1A from Oakland Park Boulevard to Flamingo Avenue may be closed Sunday through Friday between 9:30 p.m. and 7:30 a.m.
- Traffic in each direction of A1A from Oakland Park Boulevard to Flamingo Avenue is shifted to the east side of the road through spring 2016. Two lanes will be open in each direction.
>> A1A Improvements Project from East of the Mercedes River Bridge to Sunrise Boulevard
- One lane in each direction of A1A from NE 9th Street to Alhambra Street will be closed Monday through Friday between 6 a.m. and 2 p.m.
- One lane in each direction of Sunrise Boulevard from the Intracoastal Waterway bridge to A1A will be closed Monday through Friday between 6 a.m. and 2 p.m.
>> Northwest Neighborhood Phase III Pedestrian Enhancements Project
- NW 15th Terrace from Sistrunk Boulevard / NW 6th Street to NW 7th Street will be open to local traffic only through Friday, May 20.
>> A1A Landscaping from Sunrise Boulevard to NE 18 Street
- One lane in either direction may be closed intermittently Monday through Friday between 7 a.m. and 4 p.m.
>> CSX Bridge Replacement over the South Fork of the New River
- The outside shoulder of the eastbound I-595 exit ramp to northbound I-95 is closed through early 2017.
- There will be intermittent interruptions in the channel for marine traffic while contractor performs some activities with the bridge in the lowered position. The bridge will open when a vessel approaches, but there may be short delays.
>> State Road A1A Construction Work through Summer 2017
- Improvements on A1A from Oakland Park Boulevard to Flamingo Avenue
- Two lanes of traffic in each direction of A1A will be maintained at all times.
- The existing 35 mph speed limit will remain in effect during construction.
- Single lane closures can be expected from 9:30 p.m. to 7:30 a.m.
- At signalized intersections, a lane may be closed for a period of two hours or less between 9 a.m. and 3 p.m.
- A sidewalk will be maintained on at least one side of the road within the project limits. Signage will be in place to guide pedestrians through the work zone.
- During construction, the right or outside lane in each direction will become a shared bicycle lane and will have temporary "sharrow" (share the road) pavement markings and signage.
>> Davie Boulevard from SW 19th Avenue to SW 17th Avenue -- The outside lane of Davie Boulevard from the Service Road exit to SW 17th Avenue might be closed during non-peak hours Monday through Friday, between 10:00 AM and 3:00 PM for privacy wall improvements. Through late spring/early Summer 2016.
Please remember to slow down in construction areas and always buckle up, drive carefully and arrive safely. Share the road.