Please be advised that this report is compiled from multiple sources and agencies that, at times, provide conflicting information. Every effort is made to ensure accuracy; however, due to the fluid nature of road closures, this information is subject to change.
Information Regarding Street Closures in the City of Fort Lauderdale
>> Beginning July 18, 2016, single lane closures can be expected between 9 a.m. and 4 p.m., Monday through Friday, on McNab Road from Cypress Road to US 1 / Federal Highway and on Cypress Road from McNab Road to Atlantic Boulevard.
>> I-95 from south of Broward Boulevard to north of Commercial Boulevard
The northbound inside lane of I-95 from Davie Road to Commercial Boulevard will be closed Sunday, June 19 through Thursday, June 23 and Sunday, June 26 through Thursday, June 30 between 10:30 p.m. and 5 a.m
>> Bridges of the Isles and Sunrise Key Bridges Replacement in Fort Lauderdale
- One lane of the Nurmi Drive Bridge, Fiesta Way Bridge, Royal Palm Drive Bridge, Isle of Venice Bridge and Sunrise Key Boulevard Bridge will be closed daily between 7 a.m. and 5:30 p.m. through Thursday, June 30. A flag crew will assist motorists through the work zone.
- One lane in each direction of Las Olas Boulevard from Royal Palm Drive to Isle of Venice Drive will be closed continuously through Thursday, June 30. There will be no construction-related lane closures during the following holidays and special events: Monday, July 4 for Independence Day Celebration.
- Westbound traffic on Las Olas Boulevard from Isle of Venice to Royal Palm Drive may be shifted into one eastbound lane Sunday, June 26 through Friday, July 8 between 5 p.m. and 7 a.m. for paving. Flaggers will be at each end of the traffic shift and at the cross streets to assist the traveling public through the work zone area during this closure. Traffic on San Marco Drive, Coral Way and Royal Plaza Drive will be right turn only onto eastbound Las Olas Boulevard. Motorists wishing to travel westbound will be detoured to turn right at Sunset Drive, left at Riviera Isle Drive / SE 25th Street and left to westbound Las Olas Boulevard. One lane in each direction will remain open to motorists.
>> Sunrise Boulevard Bridge over the Middle River
- The sidewalk along the north side of the Sunrise Boulevard Middle River Bridge from NE 20th Avenue to Bayview Drive is closed through summer 2016. Pedestrians can use the sidewalk along the south side of the new bridge.
- One of the two left turn lanes from northbound Middle River Drive to westbound Sunrise Boulevard is closed through summer 2016.
- One westbound lane of Sunrise Boulevard from Middle River Drive to NE 20th Avenue is closed through summer 2016. Westbound traffic will travel in two lanes on the new bridge for the duration of the construction project.
- Left turns from westbound Sunrise Boulevard to southbound NE 20th Avenue are permitted from the left westbound lane throughout the duration of construction.
- The installation of a new fender system for the bridge will cause intermittent interruptions in the channel Monday through Friday between 8 a.m. and 4 p.m.
- Two lanes in each direction of Sunrise Boulevard from NE 20th Avenue to east of Middle River Drive will be closed Monday between 9 p.m. and 5 a.m. for paving.
- One westbound lane of Sunrise Boulevard from NE 20th Avenue to east of Middle River Drive will be closed Tuesday through Thursday between 9 p.m. and 5 a.m. for bridge deck work.
>> U.S. 1 Improvements from Broward Boulevard to NE 17th Way
- All lanes are open through Friday, June 24.
>> A1A Improvements Project from Oakland Park Boulevard to Flamingo Avenue
- Southbound A1A traffic from Oakland Park Boulevard to Flamingo Avenue is shifted to the west side of the road through summer 2016. Northbound A1A traffic will remain on the east side of the road. Two lanes will remain open in each direction.
>> A1A Improvements Project from East of the Mercedes River Bridge to Sunrise Boulevard
- One lane in each direction of A1A from east of the Mercedes River to Alhambra Street will be closed Monday through Friday between 6 a.m. and 4 p.m. for improvements to railing at the Mercedes River Bridge, widening near Mayan Drive, concrete removal, curb and gutter installation, and sidewalk construction.
- One lane in each direction of Sunrise Boulevard from the Intracoastal Waterway bridge to A1A will be closed Monday through Friday between 6 a.m. and 4 p.m. for concrete removal, curb and gutter installation and drainage work.
>> A1A Landscaping from Sunrise Boulevard to NE 18 Street
- One lane in either direction may be closed intermittently Monday through Friday between 7 a.m. and 4 p.m.
>> CSX Bridge Replacement over the South Fork of the New River
- The outside shoulder of the eastbound I-595 exit ramp to northbound I-95 is closed through early 2017.
- There will be intermittent interruptions in the channel for marine traffic while contractor performs some activities with the bridge in the lowered position. The bridge will open when a vessel approaches, but there may be short delays.
- The New River Channel will be closed to marine traffic Monday through Friday between 9:30 p.m. and 6 a.m. through Wednesday, June 29. The contractor will be performing railroad installation work on the movable span with the bridge in the lowered position.
>> State Road A1A Construction Work through Summer 2017
- Improvements on A1A from Oakland Park Boulevard to Flamingo Avenue
- Two lanes of traffic in each direction of A1A will be maintained at all times.
- The existing 35 mph speed limit will remain in effect during construction.
- Single lane closures can be expected from 9:30 p.m. to 7:30 a.m.
- At signalized intersections, a lane may be closed for a period of two hours or less between 9 a.m. and 3 p.m.
- A sidewalk will be maintained on at least one side of the road within the project limits. Signage will be in place to guide pedestrians through the work zone.
- During construction, the right or outside lane in each direction will become a shared bicycle lane and will have temporary "sharrow" (share the road) pavement markings and signage.
>> Davie Boulevard from SW 19th Avenue to SW 17th Avenue -- The outside lane of Davie Boulevard from the Service Road exit to SW 17th Avenue might be closed during non-peak hours Monday through Friday, between 10:00 AM and 3:00 PM for privacy wall improvements. Through late spring/early Summer 2016.
Please remember to slow down in construction areas and always buckle up, drive carefully and arrive safely. Share the road.