Please be advised that this report is compiled from multiple sources and agencies that, at times, provide conflicting information. Every effort is made to ensure accuracy; however, due to the fluid nature of road closures, this information is subject to change.
Information Regarding Street Closures in the City of Fort Lauderdale
>> I-95 from south of Broward Boulevard to north of Commercial Boulevard
- Three lanes in each direction of I-95 will be closed Sunday through Thursday, with the first lane closing at 10:30 p.m., the second lane closing at 11:30 p.m. and the third lane closing at 12:30 a.m. until 5 a.m. All lanes will be open by 5:30 a.m.
- One inside lane of Powerline Road east and west of the I-95 overpass will be closed Monday through Friday between 9 a.m. and 3 p.m.
- The I-95 northbound direct connect exit ramp to the Broward Boulevard Park and Ride lot will be closed Wednesday night and Thursday night between 11 p.m. and 5 a.m. Traffic will be detoured via Broward Boulevard and I-95.
- The I-95 northbound direct connect entrance ramp from the Broward Boulevard Park and Ridge lot will be closed Wednesday night and Thursday night between 11 p.m. and 5 a.m. Traffic will be detoured via Broward Boulevard and I-95.
>> CSX Bridge Replacement over the South Fork of the New River
- The outside shoulder of the eastbound I-595 exit ramp to northbound I-95 is closed through early 2017.
- There will be intermittent interruptions in the channel for marine traffic while contractor performs some activities with the bridge in the lowered position. The bridge will open when a vessel approaches, but there may be short delays.
- The New River Channel will be closed to marine traffic each evening between 9:30 p.m. and 6 a.m. through Friday, August 26. The contractor will be performing railroad installation work on the movable span with the bridge in the lowered position.
>> SE 5th Ave between Las Olas Blvd and SE 4th Street will be closed (access is available at SE 2nd Avenue).
- Daytime - Monday through Friday until August 31, 8:00 a.m. to 4:00 p.m.
>> Florida Power and Light Improvements
- One lane in each direction of Commercial Boulevard from State Road 7 / US 441 to Prospect Road will be closed Thursday, June 16 through Thursday, September 15, 2016 between 9 a.m. and 4 p.m.
- One lane in each direction of Commercial Boulevard from State Road 7 / US 441 to Prospect Road will be closed Thursday, June 30 through Thursday, September 1, 2016 between 9 p.m. and 5 a.m.
>> A1A Improvements Project from Oakland Park Boulevard to Flamingo Avenue
- One northbound lane of A1A from Oakland Park Boulevard to Flamingo Avenue may be closed intermittently Monday through Friday between 9 a.m. and 4 p.m. for drainage improvements.
- Signalized intersections from Oakland Park Boulevard to Flamingo Avenue will be closed one at a time Monday through Friday between 8 a.m. and 5:30 p.m. Motorists will be detoured or make left turns / U-turns as needed at the closed intersections.
>> State Road A1A Construction Work through Summer 2017
- Improvements on A1A from Oakland Park Boulevard to Flamingo Avenue
- Two lanes of traffic in each direction of A1A will be maintained at all times.
- The existing 35 mph speed limit will remain in effect during construction.
- Single lane closures can be expected from 9:30 p.m. to 7:30 a.m.
- At signalized intersections, a lane may be closed for a period of two hours or less between 9 a.m. and 3 p.m.
- A sidewalk will be maintained on at least one side of the road within the project limits. Signage will be in place to guide pedestrians through the work zone.
- During construction, the right or outside lane in each direction will become a shared bicycle lane and will have temporary "sharrow" (share the road) pavement markings and signage.
Please remember to slow down in construction areas and always buckle up, drive carefully and arrive safely. Share the road.