Please be advised that this report is compiled from multiple sources and agencies that, at times, provide conflicting information. Every effort is made to ensure accuracy; however, due to the fluid nature of road closures, this information is subject to change.
Information Regarding Street Closures in the City of Fort Lauderdale
>> Fort Lauderdale Drainage Repairs
The Highway and Bridge Maintenance Division will be performing minor drainage repairs and asphalt restoration at the intersection of NE 3rd Avenue and NE 2nd Street, in Fort Lauderdale. The purpose of this project is to repair a failed drainage pipe, and to restore the pavement to its original condition. Construction activities include: excavating, installing drainage pipes, and restoring the pavement.
In order to minimize the impact to local traffic and the community, the proposed work will be done during the course of two consecutive weekends. It will start on the weekend of March 4, and 5, 2017, and will conclude on the weekend of March 11, and 12, 2017, barring any unforeseen conditions or weather delays.
Expected traffic impacts during construction include:
- NE 3rd Ave and NE 2nd Street intersection will remain open during construction
- NE 3rd Ave NE 2nd Street will be temporarily narrowed
- Access to sidewalks and driveway will be maintained
Variable message signs will be posted to warn affected motorists and pedestrians.
Project Manager Stanley Bateman can be reached at 954-647-6490. The Highway and Bridge Maintenance Division office can be reached at 954-357-6040.
>> SE 17 Street at SE 15 Avenue
- One lane in each direction of SE 17 Street at SE 15 Avenue will be closed Sunday through Thursday evenings between 7:30 p.m. and 11:30 a.m. Construction will begin February 28, 2017 and will be completed in summer 2017.
>> SW 7th Street Force Main Repair Project
The City of Fort Lauderdale plans to replace 300 feet of underground pipe on SW 7th Street between 5th and 6th Avenues. A portion of SW 7th Street will be closed to vehicular traffic during construction, which was expected to begin on February 21 and continue for approximately 10 days.
Water and sewer service should not be affected during construction. Neighbors are asked to follow posted detour routes and drive with caution in the area. We sincerely appreciate your continued patience. For more information, please use our Lauderserv app or contact our 24-Hour Neighbor Service Center at 954-828-8000.
>> River Oaks Pump Station Upgrade - Temporary Road Closures on SW 9th Avenue
The intersection of Avocado Isle and SW 9th Avenue will be closed on:
- March 7 – April 25
- Sept. 14 – October 16
Other temporary lane closures may go into effect during construction. Water and sewer service should not be affected during construction. Neighbors are asked to please follow posted detour routes and drive with caution in the area.
>> Old Dixie Highway from north of NE 13th Street to south of the bridge over the Middle River
- Lane closures can be expected along Old Dixie Highway from NE 13th Street to the bridge over the Middle River Monday through Friday between 8 a.m. and 4:30 p.m.
- Construction will begin February 27, 2017 and is expected to be completed by early 2018
>> Replacement of the Broward Boulevard Bridge over the North Fork of the New River
- Construction will be completed in summer 2018.
- Access to businesses, residences and schools will be maintained at all times.
- Single-lane closures are expected Mondays through Fridays between 10 p.m. and 6 a.m.
- Double-lane closures are expected Mondays through Fridays between 12:30 a.m. and 6 a.m.
- Lane closures may also occur on weekends, except during special events.
>> State Road A1A Construction Work through Summer 2017
- Improvements on A1A from Oakland Park Boulevard to Flamingo Avenue
- Two lanes of traffic in each direction of A1A will be maintained at all times.
- The existing 35 mph speed limit will remain in effect during construction.
- Single-lane closures can be expected from 9:30 p.m. to 7:30 a.m.
- At signalized intersections, a lane may be closed for a period of two hours or less between 9 a.m. and 3 p.m.
- A sidewalk will be maintained on at least one side of the road within the project limits. Signage will be in place to guide pedestrians through the work zone.
- During construction, the right or outside lane in each direction will become a shared bicycle lane and will have temporary "sharrow" (share the road) pavement markings and signage.
Please remember to slow down in construction areas and always buckle up, drive carefully and arrive safely. Share the road.