DATE: July 3, 2012
MEDIA CONTACT: Anh Ton, Director,
Highway and Bridge Maintenance Division
Broward County's Highway and Bridge Maintenance Division will be performing pavement repairs to portions of Broward Boulevard, between Southeast 10 Avenue and Southeast 12 Avenue, beginning Monday, July 9, and continuing through Friday, August 17, barring unforeseen conditions or weather delays.
During the construction, Broward Boulevard will be temporarily narrowed to one lane in each direction. Temporary side street closures will be performed at Southeast 10, Southeast 11, Northeast 11, Southeast 12 and Northeast 12 avenues. When side streets are closed, residents are encouraged to use the alternate routes listed below:
- When Southeast 10 Avenue is closed, use Southeast Ninth Avenue
- When Southeast 11 Avenue is closed, use Southeast 10 Avenue
- When Southeast 12 Avenue is closed, use Southeast 13 Avenue
- When Northeast 11 Avenue is closed, use Northeast 12 Avenue
- When Northeast 12 Avenue is closed, use Northeast 13 Avenue
Construction will be performed Monday through Saturday, 8 a.m. to 8 p.m., to shorten the project duration and lessen impacts to the community. Construction in front of property may not be continuous because the project will be divided into several phases. To facilitate access to and from the neighborhoods, no more than two side streets will be closed at any given time.
For more information, call 954-357-6040.