Fort Lauderdale Beach Sweep!
- Date: December 09, 2017 7:00 AM - 11:00 AM
- Location: 300 S. Fort Lauderdale Beach Blvd
Fort Lauderdale, Florida
- Introduction: Join the City of Fort Lauderdale, Kids Ecology Corp, and Beach Sweep America for the Fort Lauderdale Beach Sweep!
Fort Lauderdale Beach Sweep
Beach lovers and those who enjoy volunteering for a good cause are invited to participate in the monthly Fort Lauderdale Beach Sweep cleanup event to help collect litter from Fort Lauderdale Beach. The Beach Sweep takes place the second Saturday of every month from 7 a.m. to 11 a.m. Registration is at the HUB, 300 S. Fort Lauderdale Beach Boulevard (where Las Olas meets the ocean).
Just a small amount of time can make a huge environmental, recreational, and economic difference. Some important tips.
- Minors must be accompanied by an adult.
- Students receive community service hours credit.
- Wear appropriate attire and closed-toe shoes (no flip flops).
- Bring water, a hat and sunscreen.
- "Like" the Beach Sweep on Facebook.
- "Share" your photos the day of the event.
Limited volunteer parking will be available for volunteers at the Las Olas Intracoastal Lot (south of the east ramp of the Las Olas Bridge or go to north lot if the lot is used or closed off for other purposes).
For more information, please contact Jorg Hruschka at email@example.com or 954-709-3197 (cell) or 954-828-5568 (office) at the City of Fort Lauderdale Neighbor Volunteer Office.