NOTE: You can also see these events in a List View.
Eye of the Storm Hurricane Preparedness Event
- Date: May 18, 2019 10:00 AM - 5:00 PM
- Location: Museum of Discovery & Science
401 SW 2nd Street
Fort Lauderdale, Florida 33312
Eye of the Storm
Hurricane Science, Mitigation and Preparedness
Saturday, May 18, 2019 | 10 a.m. - 5 p.m.
Free admission to the Museum of Discovery & Science!
Hurricane season (June 1- Nov. 30) is just around the corner. Learn all about hurricanes and how you and your family can be prepared for anything nature throws your way during the Eye of the Storm event.
- Get preparedness information and giveaways from vendors and government agencies.
- Meet first responders, canine units, Hurricane Hunters, and meteorologists.
- See specialty vehicles and machinery displays.
- Watch live demonstrations of Air Cannon Missile Tests and How the Weather Works.
- Participate in presentations by hurricane experts from the National Hurricane Center.
- Meet local television meteorologists and present a weather broadcast together at the Storm Center Exhibit.
- Enjoy live theater shows for all ages featuring Owlie Skywarn and Tsunami Tim.
- Discover your super powers in the new Hall of Heroes exhibit.
- Enjoy Superpower Dogs 3D on the giant IMAX® screen (9:15 a.m special showing is free to Fort Lauderdale residents and first responders on a first-come, first-served basis)