Fort Lauderdale Accepting Applications for Class 5 of the Neighbor Leadership Academy
Residents invited to enhance leadership skills and learn more about the city
The City of Fort Lauderdale is accepting applications for Class 5 of the Neighbor Leadership Academy (NLA) now through Wednesday, January 30, 2019 at 5 p.m.
The Neighbor Leadership Academy is a community-building program designed to provide Fort Lauderdale residents with an opportunity to learn more about their City; enhance their leadership skills; and engage with elected officials, City leaders, and City staff. Academy participants will also gain valuable insight from guest speakers who share their "trade secrets" and expertise to help participants advance the "We Build Community" mission in their neighborhoods.
Topics covered during the five-week Academy include:
- City Structure and Leadership Assessment
- Community Engagement and Volunteer Recruitment
- Ethics, Parliamentary Procedures, and Team Building
- Navigating the City's Budget and Effective Decision Making
- Fort Lauderdale's Future and Relationship-Building Strategies
To be considered for the Neighbor Leadership Academy applicants must be
- at least of 18 years of age,
- a Fort Lauderdale resident, and
- willing to commit to all five workshops.
Registration is required by Wednesday, January 30, 2019. To register for the NLA or for more information, visit the NLA web page.