The City of Fort Lauderdale Lobby Art Gallery is designed to offer local artists an opportunity to display their works during a one-month, single-artist exhibition. Over the years, hundreds of local artists have displayed thousands of pieces of their artistic creations at City Hall. The newly remodeled lobby area and enhanced exhibit space offer local artists a great opportunity to showcase their work.
How does this work?
Each month a new artist is selected to display his or her original artwork in the lobby of City Hall, located at 100 N. Andrews Avenue for an entire month. The artwork is typically installed on the first business day of the month and removed the last business day of the month.
The City is not responsible for any damaged or lost artwork as part of the exhibition; however, security personnel is available in the lobby of City Hall during normal operating hours. The lobby is also monitored 24/7 via camera surveillance.
- Approximately 4,000 neighbors, visitors, and employees pass through the City Hall lobby monthly.
- Biographies and details about an art display are published on the Lobby Art Gallery web page.
- Featured artists may be able to host an art gallery reception in the lobby area (if available) of City from from 6 p.m. to 8 p.m. either on the second Monday or second Tuesday of the month their art is being displayed. All logistics, advertising, and related costs associated with the reception are the responsibility of the featured artist(s) and no alcoholic beverages are permitted. The reception must be open to the public.
- All artwork must be framed or canvas gallery wrapped.
- An art piece cannot exceed 45 pounds on the wood panel walls and 35 pounds on the white walls.
- A hanging system is provided so that no artwork is attached directly to any of the walls.
- Artists are to install their artwork without moving any furniture or items in the lobby.
- Selling merchandise or artwork in City Hall is prohibited.
- Artists may display business cards, rack cards, flyers, etc. that include their contact information.
- Pricing on artwork is prohibited.
- Artwork labels cannot be directly attached to the walls, but may be attached to the artwork.
- Artwork cannot be controversial nor contain nudity.
To apply, please complete the Lobby Art Gallery Program Application.
For questions about the Art Gallery Program, please contact Keith Farrell at email@example.com or (954) 828-6653.
January 2020 - Peter J. Nolan - https://www.peterjnolan.com/
Next Month's Artist
February 2020 - Broward Art Guild - http://www.browardartguild.org/
|11/2019||Brush Strokes Compilation
|City of Fort Lauderdale Parks & Recreation School Programs||Parks and Recreation Website|
|4/2019||Barbie - Lynn Pearson|
|2/2019||Jean-Jacques Stephen Alexis||interfineart.com|
|1/2019||Tamara "Tammy" Seymour||tamaraseymour.com|
|11/2018||Toby Gotesman Schneier||tobygotesmanschneier.com|
|10/2018||Broward Art Guild||browardartguild.org|
|9/2018||Robin Haines Merrill: Florida Fashion||Robin Haines Merrill|
|7/2018||City of Fort Lauderdale Parks and Recreation School Programs||Parks and Recreation Website|
|5/2018||Lizabeth Anne Stirling-Perkins||stirling-perkins.com|
|2/2018||Adrian Pickett Jr. ( Black History Month Feature)||firstname.lastname@example.org|
|1/2018||Anabel Rub Peicher||anabelrubpeicher.com|
|9/2017||Tamara "Tammy" Seymour||tamaraseymour.com|