Thursday, February 13, 2020 | 5:30 - 8 PM
Fort Lauderdale City Hall | 100 N. Andrews Avenue
Neighbor Support Night, sponsored by the City of Fort Lauderdale and the Council of Fort Lauderdale Civic Associations (CFLCA), is a night dedicated to Fort Lauderdale's neighbors. The event provides an opportunity for neighbors to join together with their City to strengthen community ties, elevate public spirit, and build civic awareness in a fun, casual, exciting block party type of atmosphere.
We invite you to join us for an interactive, exciting event with fun for the entire family. Make sure to check this web page periodically as it will be updated as new activities and door prizes are announced.
- Neighbor Support Night Flyer
- Neighbors' Choice Award
- Parking Information
- Residential Tree Giveaway
- Sponsorship Opportunities
- Connect with Us
- Neighbor Support Night Photos
- More Information
- Learn about your City and meet City officials and Community Builders
- Take a photo with the Mayor Trantalis and your City Commissioners
- Enjoy fun time with your kids in the Kids Zone with life-sized games and face painting
- Explore job and volunteer opportunities
- Climb aboard emergency response and utilities vehicles
- Learn about recycling and sustainability
- Win a free raffle prize
- Vote for the winner of the Neighbors' Choice Award for the best department/division display
- Enjoy live entertainment and refreshments
The City of Fort Lauderdale is offering free, Florida-friendly trees during Neighbor Support Night. The types of trees available during the giveaway may include:
- Gumbo Limbo
- Jamaica Caper
- Simpsons Stopper
- Dwarf Mango
- Edible Fig
- Silver Buttonwood
(One tree per household on a first-come, first-served basis with proof of Fort Lauderdale residency.)
The City encourages its neighbors to review the Homeowners and Trees brochure for tips on choosing the right tree for the right place on their properties prior to selecting one at the event.
To get more free trees and help the City build its canopy, consider going paper-free by signing up for e-billing and automatic bill pay through the Save a Tree, Plant a Tree program.
We've got your passport to a great prize! Make sure to pick up your "Around the City" passport at the CFLCA's welcome table for your chance to win. To be eligible for a prize, visit 10 exhibits, get your passport stamped, and return it to the CFLCA table. The drawing will take place at the end of the event, and you do not need to be present to win.
- Two-night stay at the Sonesta Fort Lauderdale Beach
- One-night stay, valet and breakfast for two, at the Pelican Grand Beach Resort
- Two $25 gift certificates to Padrino's restaurant
- Tickets to see "Paw Patrol Live! Race to the Rescue" at the Broward Center for the Performing Arts
- Two "Be Our Guest" cards to Cooper's Hawk Winery & Restaurant (each guest card includes an entree and a glass of wine)
- Wawa gift basket
- $50 gift card WinnDixie
- $75 gift card to P.F. Chang's
- 5 family pack passes to the Museum of Discovery and Science for four people
- Seven Valentine's Day bouquets and a $50 gift certificate to Cookies by Design
- Certificate for free spa service from Conrad Fort Lauderdale
- A free clubhouse rental valued at $1,500 (excluding Saturdays) provided by the Fort Lauderdale Woman's Club
Check back soon for a list of more prizes for this year's event.
Neighbor Support Night attendees will have the opportunity to select the winner of the annual "Neighbors' Choice" award, which is given to the City department or division that neighbors feel had the most interactive, informative, educational display. Attendees will receive a voting chip with their Passport from the CFLCA table. The "Neighbors' Choice" award winner will get a trophy and bragging rights for the entire year.
Past NSN Neighbors' Choice Award Winners
Free parking will be available on the first and fourth floors of the City Hall Garage, located at 200 NE 2nd Street, just east of Andrews Avenue (entrances are on NE 1st and NE 2nd Streets). If the City Hall Garage is full, additional parking is available in the Coral Lot, located at 200 NW 1st Avenue between NW 2nd and NW 4th Streets just west of Andrews Avenue. The Coral Lot is within walking distance of City Hall. Public Safety Aides will be onsite from 5-8 p.m. to assist with traffic.
Sponsorships can help increase awareness, promote brand building, and are a great way to create visibility and traffic for your organization. The success of NSN relies on the support of our community partners. There are several sponsorship opportunities available. We invite you to build community with us and be part of this
Neighbor Support Night Sponsors
Neighbor Support Night is made possible due to the generous donations from the following community partners who are going above and beyond to support this event:
Connect With Us! #FTLNSN