Stay informed in an emergency! Sign Up for Alert FTL
The City uses Alert FTL to send mass notifications and keep citizens informed in the event of an emergency.
How Alert FTL works
- Alert FTL is powered by Everbridge
- Alert FTL delivers notifications by phone, email, and/or text.
- Alert FTL is compatible with TDD/TTY devices for those who are deaf or hard of hearing.
- When the City issues an ALert FTL notification, the 24-hour Neighbor Service Center phone number, 954-828-8000, will appear on the caller ID.
- Notifications cannot be delivered to phone numbers with a privacy lock feature. To ensure notifications are received, subscribers should either turn off the privacy lock feature during emergencies, enter 954-828-8000 on their “safe list” of phone numbers, or enter a cell phone number when registering for the service.
- Individuals who have already registered for the service but would like to update their phone number or add a cell phone number to the database may do so by re-registering.
- The Everbridge Mobile app sends geographically-based messages to subscribers nationwide.
Note for Cell Phone Only Households
The Alert FTL telephone database is generated from the City’s Utility Billing records, Geographic Information Systems (GIS) mapping layers, and manual registrations completed online or through Customer Service.
The Federal Communications Commission prohibits Alert FTL from calling a cell phone except in life safety emergencies. Fort Lauderdale neighbors and business owners who only use cell phones should manually register their cell phone numbers with Alert FTL to ensure they receive notifications.