The City of Fort Lauderdale host several Telephone Town Hall Meetings each calendar year. Each Telephone Town Hall Meeting allows the City to build community by engaging our neighbors and providing a free and convenient forum for them to share their ideas and comments with us over the phone. The Telephone Town Hall Meetings enhance public access to City government by giving neighbors an opportunity to participate on each call and speak directly to the Mayor or a City Commissioner about a variety of issues.
About the Telephone Town Hall Meetings
Each of the five Telephone Town Hall Meetings lasts one hour and is hosted by a different elected official from the City of Fort Lauderdale, either the Mayor or a City Commissioner. We enjoyed talking to our neighbors during the 2017 Telephone Town Hall Meetings. Please see the audio links below to listen to a prior call and look for a new round of meetings in 2018.
All of the Meetings are general in nature so participants can introduce any topics that are important to them. Neighbors are encouraged to join the meeting and share their ideas to enhance our community or ask a question about an ongoing project or City service.
During the Telephone Town Hall Meeting, the host elected official will provide a brief introduction and then answer questions from callers. Participants on the call can request to ask a question or simply listen on the phone, without speaking.
How to Participate in a Telephone Town Hall Meeting
All of the Meetings are open to everyone, regardless of the City Commission District in which you live or work.
When the Telephone Town Hall Meeting begins, an automated system dials the listed phone numbers for our neighbors. If you receive a call at your house, you can join the Telephone Town Hall Meeting by staying on the line. You do not need to take any additional steps to listen to the call. Click here to sign up in advance to receive a call at the beginning of each Town Hall meeting.
If you do not receive a call, or would like to dial into the Telephone Town Hall Meeting from your cell phone, simply call the designated toll-free phone number (877-353-4701) at any time during the Meeting.
Participants are not obligated to speak; they can simply listen to the Meeting without asking a question. If a participant would like to ask a question, they can press a number on their telephone keypad when prompted to do so.
Participants are encouraged to listen to the Telephone Town Hall Meeting for the full hour but may exit the Meeting at any time by hanging up their telephone.
To be removed from the call list, please email a request with the number you would like to be removed to email@example.com or call 954-828-4741.
Upcoming Telephone Town Hall Meetings
- Monday, December 10, 2018 - District IV, Vice Mayor Ben Sorensen
Previous Telephone Town Hall Meetings
Click on the links below to listen to an audio recording of any of the previously held Telephone Town Hall Meetings.
- October 16, 2018 - Commissioner Robert L. McKinzie
- September 20, 2018 - Commissioner Steven Glassman
- June 11, 2018 - Mayor Dean J. Trantalis
- Nov. 13, 2017 - Commissioner Robert L. McKinzie
- Oct. 10, 2017 - Commissioner Romney Rogers
- July 13, 2017 - Commissioner Dean J. Trantalis
- June 14, 2017 - Vice Mayor Bruce G. Roberts
- April 25, 2017 - Mayor John P. "Jack" Seiler
- September 13, 2016 - Commissioner Robert L. McKinzie
- August 30, 2016 - Commissioner Bruce G. Roberts
- July 14, 2016 - Vice Mayor Dean J. Trantalis
- June 13, 2016 - Mayor John P. "Jack" Seiler
- September 10, 2015 - Commissioner Romney Rogers
- June 18, 2015 - Vice Mayor McKinzie
- May 13, 2015 - Commissioner Dean J. Trantalis
- April 16, 2015 - Commissioner Bruce G. Roberts
- March 24, 2015 - Mayor John P. "Jack" Seiler
- July 10, 2014 - Vice Mayor Romney Rogers
- June 9, 2014 - Commissioner Bobby B. DuBose
- May 14, 2014 - Commissioner Dean J. Trantalis
- April 8, 2014- Vice Mayor Bruce C. Roberts
- March 5, 2014 - Mayor John P. "Jack" Seiler
- October 21, 2013 - Commissioner Romney Rogers
- September 24, 2013 - Commissioner Bobby B. DuBose
- August 22, 2013 - Vice Mayor Bruce G. Roberts
- July 10, 2013 - Commissioner Dean J. Trantalis
- May 20, 2013 - Mayor John P. "Jack" Seiler
For More Information
If you would like more information on the City of Fort Lauderdale Telephone Town Hall Meetings, please call Shannon Vezina in the City Manager's Office at 954-828-4743 or send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org.