GOAL 1 Build a sustainable and resilient community.
- Proactively maintain our water, wastewater, stormwater, road, and bridge infrastructure
- Secure our community’s water supply and support water conservation measures
- Effectively manage solid waste
- Ensure climate change resiliency and implement local and regional strategies to reduce our carbon footprint
- Reduce flooding and adapt to sea level rise
- Actively monitor beach resiliency and support nourishment efforts
- Grow and enhance the urban forest
- Promote energy efficiency and the expansion of renewable energy sources
GOAL 2 Build a multi-modal and pedestrian friendly community
- Improve transportation options and reduce congestion by working with partners
- Improve roads, sidewalks, and trails to prioritize a safer, more walkable and bikeable community
GOAL 3 Build a healthy and engaging community.
- Improve access to and enjoyment of our beach, waterways, parks, and open spaces for everyone
- Improve water quality for our natural environment
- Enhance the City’s identity through public art, well-maintained green spaces, and streetscapes
- Offer a diverse range of recreational and educational programming
GOAL 4 Build a thriving and inclusive community of neighborhoods.
- Work with partners to reduce homelessness by promoting independence and self-worth through advocacy, housing, and comprehensive services
- Ensure a range of affordable housing options
- Create a continuum of education services and support
GOAL 5 Build an attractive global and local economic community marketplace.
- Create a responsive and proactive business climate to attract emerging industries
- Nurture and support existing local businesses
- Create educational pathways and partnerships for workforce development
- Provide best-in-class regional general aviation airport amenities and services
GOAL 6 Build a safe and well-prepared community.
- Prevent and solve crime in all neighborhoods
- Provide quick and exceptional fire, medical, and emergency response
- Be the leading model in domestic preparedness
- Educate stakeholders on community risk reduction, homeland security, and domestic preparedness
GOAL 7 Build a values-based organization dedicated to developing and retaining qualified employees.
- Establish an organizational culture that fosters rewarding, professional careers
- Improve employee safety and wellness
- Provide effective internal communication and encourage employee feedback
- Continuously improve service delivery to achieve excellence through innovation
- Be a diverse and inclusive organization
GOAL 8 Build a leading government organization that manages all resources wisely and sustainably.
- Maintain financial integrity through sound budgeting practices, prudent fiscal management, cost effective operations, and long-term planning
- Achieve excellent procurement services through technological advancements, improved procedures, and outreach programs
- Provide a reliable and progressive technology infrastructure
- Provide safe, well-maintained, and efficient facilities and capital assets
- Integrate sustainability and resiliency into daily operations
Click here for a printable version of the overview of the Strategic Plan in PDF.