To encourage private participation in the undertaking the preservation, rehabilitation, and redevelopment of the Central City CRA consistent with the outlined community redevelopment program and strategies outlines in the Central City Redevelopment Plan.
CRA funding is in the form of a 0% interest forgivable loan, forgiven after 5 year of project completion secured by a first mortgage or subordinate mortgage on the property. Projects receiving over $225,000 in CRA assistance will be secured by a forgivable loan forgiven after 7 years to 10 years depending on the level of CRA funding. Other forms of security in lieu of a forgivable mortgage will be considered on a case by case basis.
- 1. NON-RESIDENTIAL FACADE IMPROVEMENT PROGRAM (NRFIP)
- 2. PROPERTY AND BUSINESS IMPROVEMENT PROGRAM (PBIP)
- 3. STREETSCAPE ENHANCEMENT PROGRAM (SEP)
- 4. DEVELOPMENT INCENTIVE PROGRAM (DIP)
- 5. PROPERTY TAX REIMBURSEMENT (PTR)
Focus Areas of Non-Residential Incentive Programs
- Focus Area 1: NE 13TH Street within CRA boundaries
- Focus Area 2: NE 4TH Avenue within CRA boundaries
- Focus Area 3: Sunrise Boulevard within CRA boundaries
Central City Redevelopment Advisory Board Review
All applications will be reviewed by the Central City Redevelopment Advisory Board for compliance to the Central City Community Redevelopment Plan, and the incentive policies and procedures as approved by the Community Redevelopment Board of Commissioners.
Terms and Obligations
The program award will have ongoing obligations / covenants, which includes, but is not limited to a lien on the applicant’s property. Funding conditions vary per program type, please review incentive program description and application for more details.
* Incentive funds may not be used to directly fund: socially benefiting programs; or inherently religious activity.
* U.S. Department of Housing and Urban Development Notice CDP 04-10 will be used to evaluate applications from faith based organizations.
- Click here - for a copy of the INCENTIVE PROGRAM DESCRIPTION
- Click here - for a copy of the INCENTIVE PROGAM APPLICATION
Central City CRA Contact Information
Cija Omengebar, FRA-RP | CRA Planner
City of Fort Lauderdale| Community Redevelopment Agency
Central City CRA
914 Sistrunk Boulevard, Suite 200
Fort Lauderdale, FL 33311
Tel: (954) 828-4776
Fax: (954) 828-4500