The Fort Lauderdale Beach Community Redevelopment Area (CRA) Board of Directors has recommended $17,000,000 from the CRA budget to fund improvements to the Fort Lauderdale Aquatic Center. A CRA Board Conference memo and City Commission Agenda item will be presented to the CRA Board of Directors and City Commission to formally vote to allocate the funds.
The main features of the Aquatic Center improvements include the following:
- Remove existing 50M Main Competition Pool. Provide new expanded fully FINA compliant standard pool with (2) moveable stainless steel bulkheads.
- Remove existing Diving Pool and underground observation room. Provide new fully FINA compliant Diving Pool with dive tower including five (5) platform levels (1M, 3M, 5M, 7.5M, 10M), and 1M and 3M springboards. Provide metal bleachers for +/- 550 spectator capacity on the west side of Dive Pool.
- Remove existing Spa for divers. Provide new covered spa, close to original location of the existing one.
- Repair existing 50M Training Pool with new surfacing and gutters.
- Repair existing Instructional Pool with new surfacing.
- Repair pool deck approximately 30 inches to allow for increased pool depths needed for competition level-use. Ramps and step transitions will be required to maintain access to the other buildings on site.
- Remove existing grandstand building and bleachers on north side of Aquatic Complex.
- Provide new grandstand building with spectator restrooms, concessions, ticket office and metal bleachers for +/- 1500 spectator capacity with a fabric shade canopy.
60% Design Presentation at City Commission Conference Meeting February 19, 2019
- Commission Memorandum No: 19-016 Fort Lauderdale Aquatic Center Renovation Design Plans
- Commission Memorandum No: 19-016 Attachment