The City of Fort Lauderdale uses BidSync (www.bidsync.com) for all solicitations. Procurement Services is located at Room 619, City Hall, 100 N. Andrews Avenue, Fort Lauderdale, Florida 33301. The business hours are from 8:00 a.m. to 4:30 p.m., Monday through Friday.
The City believes the relationship between the purchaser and the seller is one of mutuality. No contract that proves unsatisfactory to the vendor can be regarded as satisfactory to the buyer. Therefore, every effort is made to establish a relationship of mutual confidence between the City and its suppliers.
Our Policy Objectives Are:
- Purchase the requirements and operational needs of all using agencies of the City through a centralized Procurement Services.
- Conduct all purchasing in accordance with applicable laws, statutes, and ordinances.
- Stimulate competitive bidding and provide interested vendors with an opportunity to offer their products to the City on a fair and equitable basis.
- Whenever possible, use life cycle costing techniques
- Purchase energy efficient equipment for City use.
- Make all awards to the lowest responsive and responsible bidder
- Treat our suppliers with respect and fairness.
Purchasing Policies and Procedures (Method of Procurement)
The City's basic purchasing philosophy is to constantly seek the best value for goods and services received. We strive for high quality, low cost, and superior service levels. We encourage vendor competition, and we comply will all applicable laws.
The Bid Opening
- Bid openings are held in Procurement Services and the public or other interested persons are welcome to attend.
- After tabulation of bids, you may obtain a copy. Tablulations are posted on our website in 10 business days.
- Complaints or disputes should be referred immediately to the Chief Procurement Officer.
What is Expected From the Supplier
- Deal with honesty and integrity with the City and its user departments.
- Deliver a quality product or service, on time, and as ordered.
- Have the necessary facilities, equipment, materials, and labor force to meet your obligations.
The City of Fort Lauderdale is committed to increasing competition. Consistent with our obligation to provide quality service to the public, we will insure that qualified vendors are considered and utilized in the purchase of products and services required by the City.