The Employee Assistance Program offers:
- A place to go when you have a problem;
- Someone to talk with when you are confused;
- A professional helping person;
- Confidential counseling; and
- A program that can help you and your family.
For a confidential appointment or questions, contact:
Cigna Behavioral Health Employee Assistance Program
24 hours a day / 7 days a week
Do you find that personal problems are getting you down and you don't know where to turn?
The City of Fort Lauderdale understands that its employees are special and occasionally may need assistance with a personal problem. The City's Employee Assistance Program (EAP) is available to help with those problems.
Overall, the program is designed to help you find solutions to your problems. The EAP is a professionally run program. In order to assure confidentiality, the EAP professionals are NOT City employees and their offices are NOT located on City premises.
The EAP can help employees solve a variety of personal or family problems. Such problems may include marital difficulties, children, financial or legal problems, mental or emotional illness, work-related issues, weight management, alcoholism or chemical dependency--anything that may be troubling an employee.
What help is available?
The EAP counselors offer treatment to help solve a variety of problems including:
- Child and Adolescent Issues
- Crisis Intervention
- Depression and Anxiety
- Diversity Counseling
- Loss and Bereavement
- Marital and Family Problems
- Substance Abuse and Chemical Dependency
Periodically, the EAP will send a questionnaire to clients to evaluate the quality of service and the treatment outcome. This survey is confidentially conducted by the EAP and the information will be used to improve the delivery of services.
What does it cost?
One of Cigna Behavioral EAP’s dedicated personal advocates is just a phone call away whenever you need them – at no cost to you.
EAP services include:
- Counseling: Provides up to 10 free face-to-face sessions per issue per year with a mental health or substance abuse professional
- Legal Assistance: Free, 30-minute consultation with an attorney face-to-face or by phone.
- Financial: Free 30-minute telephonic consultation by phone with a qualified specialist on issues such as debt counseling or planning for retirement
- Identity Theft: 60-minute free consultation with a fraud resolution specialist
- Directory Assistance: Provides free directory assistance to a variety of helpful resources in your community for services such as pet care, child care, adoption, senior care, and more.
If an EAP counselor recommends an in-patient program, benefits are available as outlined in the employee’s health insurance booklet. Any claims for benefits under the health insurance plan may be submitted directly to the insurance company by the employee, thus assuring confidentiality.
Who is eligible to use the EAP?
The EAP is available to all permanent employees, at all levels of the City organization. The EAP is also available to anyone who lives in the employee's household. Research and experience show that job performance is adversely affected by family problems.
How does the EAP work?
An employee may contact the EAP at (877) 622-4327, 24 hours a day, 7 days a week and request an appointment with an EAP counselor. The counselor will interview you and either continue counseling with you or refer you to an appropriate source in the community, if needed. If your supervisor suggests the service, it is your personal choice to follow-up. If you use the program at the suggestion of your supervisor, your problem will remain confidential; however, he/she will be told that you followed through with an appointment. Otherwise, only you and the EAP counselor will know about your appointment.
How is confidentiality insured?
To insure confidentiality, only the EAP staff will keep records, which are not available to anyone without your written consent. In addition, NO information is listed in your personnel file, and your participation will NOT affect your job security or opportunities.