Celebrate America's Independence Day at the City of Fort Lauderdale's free 4th of July Spectacular! The Independence Day Celebration will feature a patriotic extravaganza featuring live bands, a kids zone, beach games, contests, family activities and a dazzling fireworks display. The 4th of July Spectacular takes place on July 4 from Noon to 9:30 p.m. on Fort Lauderdale Beach at A1A and Las Olas Boulevard.
The Kids Zone will provide non-stop energy and excitement along with plenty of music and comic relief from Noon to 5:00 p.m. Highlights will include DJ, music, bounce houses, water slides, face painting, beach games and contests. Make sure to bring your appetite so you can compete in an old-fashioned hot dog eating contest. And if that doesn’t fill you up, top it off by participating in a July 4th apple pie eating contest!
At 4:30 p.m., the celebration heats up when Making Faces hits the stage with their eclectic blend of rock, reggae, and funk. The Walk of Fame Induction Ceremony will take place at 5:45 p.m. honoring Fort Lauderdale icons Evelyn Fortune Bartlett, Beauregard Cummings, Dr. Elliott Miley Hendricks, and Robert B. “Buddy” Lochrie, Jr. Then get ready for the ultimate Motown Tribute Band when N2Nation rocks the house from 6:30 - 9:00 p.m.
As the sun goes down watch the sky light up with the City's spectacular fireworks show at 9:00 p.m. This dazzling pyrotechnic display is simulcast with music on 101.5 LITE FM and is an annual favorite for all!
Click to view our photo gallery!
Walk of Fame Induction Ceremony at 5:45 pm
The Walk of Fame Induction Ceremony will take place at 5:45 p.m. honoring four of our City’s icons: Preservationist and philanthropist Evelyn Fortune Bartlett; mentor and community organizer Beauregard Cummings; pioneer, physician, and humanitarian Dr. Elliott Miley Hendricks; and visionary business and civic leader Robert B. “Buddy” Lochrie, Jr.
Stress-Free Transportation Options
The 4th of July Spectacular offers plenty of stress free, convenient transportation options including a bike valet, flat rate parking at City lots, the Sun Trolley, and even water transportation!
Back by popular demand, the City of Fort Lauderdale’s 4th of July Spectacular offers a FREE bike valet from 11:30 a.m. to 10 p.m. at the foot of the Las Olas Bridge. Exercise, relieve traffic congestion, and promote sustainability by bicycling to the beach for all of the 4th of July festivities!
Get to the event stress free by parking in downtown Fort Lauderdale and hopping aboard water transportation or the Sun Trolley. Downtown parking is available for a flat rate at:
- Riverwalk Center Garage (formerly City Park Garage), 150 S.E. 2nd Street ($5 flat rate until midnight)
- County Garage, 151 S.W. 2nd Street ($5 flat rate until 7 p.m.)
- One River Plaza, 305 S. Andrews Avenue ($7 flat rate until midnight)
Water transportation will operate from 10 a.m. to 11 p.m. Pick-up and drop-off will be at Briny Riverfront Pub, located at 305 S. Andrews Avenue in downtown, and at the Las Olas Circle dock, located on east side of Intracoastal (see map below).
- Runs 10 a.m. to 11 p.m.
- Round Trip: $5 per person, $2 seniors (Active military and kids under 3 are free.)
- Departs every 15 minutes
- Last trip to Fort Lauderdale Beach for fireworks show departs at 8:00 p.m.
Sun Trolley Service
Sun Trolley pick-up will be at Riverwalk Center Garage, 150 S.E. 2nd Street in downtown and drop-off will be at Las Olas Marina, 240 E. Las Olas Circle on the beach (see map below).
- Fares: $1 each way or $3 for an all-day pass
- Free rides to veterans (veteran status ID must be shown)
- If taking the Sun Trolley from anywhere else, just Wave ‘n’ Ride and we’ll pick you up!
- Sun Trolley’s Las Olas Link will operate 11 a.m. to midnight. Beach Link will operate 9:30 a.m. to midnight
- Track Sun Trolley in real time by downloading the app at Suntrolley.com. Call 954-TROLLEY for assistance.
Traffic Advisory 7 p.m. - Midnight
The following traffic restrictions will be in effect on July 4th from 7 p.m. - midnight:
• Southbound traffic on Seabreeze Boulevard will be diverted to Las Olas Boulevard westbound.
• Eastbound traffic on Las Olas Boulevard will be diverted south on Seabreeze Boulevard
• Las Olas Boulevard will be closed from Seabreeze Boulevard to A1A.
• The Oasis Turnaround (south of the Aquatic Complex) will be closed.
The City of Fort Lauderdale’s 4th of July Spectacular is sponsored by 101.5 LITE FM.
LEAVE YOUR FIREWORKS AT HOME!
If you are planning on spending the 4th of July on Fort Lauderdale Beach, you will want to leave your fireworks at home. The general public will not be permitted to light fireworks of any kind on Fort Lauderdale Beach. The City of Fort Lauderdale Fire Marshal’s Office is asking that you let the professionals provide the fireworks show for you.