The City of Fort Lauderdale is honored to host the USTA National Open Clay Court Championships. This prestigious event, will take place at the Jimmy Evert Tennis Center May 11-17, 2019. It is the first leg of a four-tournament series to be played on all four surfaces:
- CLAY: Jimmy Evert Tennis Center, Fort Lauderdale, Florida
- HARD: Balboa Tennis Club, San Diego, CA
- GRASS: International Tennis Hall of Fame, Newport, RI
- INDOOR: USTA National Tennis Center, Flushing , NY
The USTA National Open Clay Court Championships is a non-funded event. Therefore, the City of Fort Lauderdale must depend on the generous contributions from local businesses,
individuals and organizations. Thank you to our sponsors: Florida Sports Foundation, Greater
Fort Lauderdale Convention & Visitors Bureau, and Wilson Sporting Goods.
- Sean Rogers, Tournament Director
- Tom Krukiel, Co-Tournament Director
- Roberta Quirk, Tournament Referee
The USTA National Open Clay Court Championships consists of up to a 128-player singles draw with a first match consolation and a 64-team doubles draw with no consolation.
Singles events begin on Saturday, May 11, 2019 before 8 a.m. Doubles follow Saturday, May 11 not before 2:30 p.m.. Mixed doubles start Sunday, May 12 not before 2:30 p.m.
Singles - Entries close at 11:59 p.m. EST on Sunday, May 5, 2019.
Doubles - Entries close online at 11:59 p.m. EST on Sunday, May 5, 2019. You may enter at the tournament desk Saturday, May 11 until 12:00 p.m.
Mixed Doubles - Entries close at 11:59 p.m. EST on Sunday, May 5, 2019. You may enter at the tournament desk once the event starts until Sunday, May 12 until 12:00 p.m.
Entrants must be current USTA members.
It is required that entry forms and payment for singles be made directly to the USTA using their on-line registration system. Follow this link to visit the registration homepage: 2019 USTA National Clay Court Championships - TennisLink . Double entries will be accepted online or on-site. See “Entries Close” section above for more information on doubles and mixed doubles.
Tournament ID# 150005719
- SINGLES - $70.38 per player
- DOUBLES - $33 per player for each category
Note: Doubles partners must submit individual entry forms accompanied with event fees.
Registration for both doubles and mixed doubles will continue after singles events commence Saturday, May 11, 2019. Start times will be posted on Thursday, May 09, 2019 after 4 p.m. Please check USTA tournament webpage for event updates, match scores, schedules and order of play: 2019 USTA National Clay Court Championships - TennisLink . All players must sign a waiver before their first match.
- Balls - The Wilson Clay Court is the official ball of this event.
- Location - Matches will be played on 18 clay courts at the Jimmy Evert Tennis Center.
- Rules - All USTA rules governing play and conduct will be strictly enforced.
- Matches - Weather permitting, all matches will be best of three sets with the 12-point tie break to be used at six all in the third set. Third and fourth positions in both singles and doubles will be played.
- Consolation Events - Players may sign-up for a first-round consolation singles-only at the tournament desk.
- Default Time - Players failing to report at the tournament desk when called will be subject to USTA default rules.
- Dress Code - All players shall dress and present themselves for play in tennis attire.
- Practice Courts - Practice courts will be available beginning Friday, May 10, 2019.
Jimmy Evert Tennis Center
701 N.E. 12th Avenue
Fort Lauderdale, FL 33304
Note: If you are using a GPS, please use 1150 G. Harold Martin Drive. This will take you into Holiday Park and the tennis courts will be on your right.
2019 Host Hotel
250 North Andrews Avenue
Fort Lauderdale, Florida, 33304
For more information, please call the Jimmy Evert Tennis Center at 954-828-5378 or e-mail email@example.com.