Welcome to the Department of Sustainable Development Engineering Division of the City of Fort Lauderdale!
MISSION STATEMENT: “The Engineering Division strives to build community through safeguarding the public health, safety and welfare and providing a friendly, fair and expedient permit approval process for applicants.”
The Engineering Division reviews site plans and construction permits for both major developments and minor work in the right-of-way to ensure projects meet concurrency/adequacy requirements and are designed and constructed in accordance with applicable engineering standards, building codes, and environmental regulations, and permitted through the appropriate regulatory agencies. The scope of review generally encompasses the following areas:
Site Plans (Development Review Committee)
Safe/Adequate Access/Circulation for Vehicles and Pedestrians (On-Site and in Right-of-Way)
Adequacy of Stormwater Management Systems
Adequacy of Water and Wastewater Service
Dedication or Vacation of Public Rights-of-Way and Easements
Development Agreements and Revocable Licenses
Roadway, Sidewalk and Driveway Improvements
Connections to the Public Water and Wastewater Systems, Water Meters and Services
Stormwater Collection Systems
Franchise Utilities and Communications Facilities
Crane Permits (in Right-of-Way)
Construction Traffic Plans (in association with the Transportation Department)
Pollution and Sediment Control Plans
Your project is very important to us! In an effort to maintain exceptional service during this high-volume period and allocate the resources needed to perform the reviews and inspections in a timely manner, we are incorporating the following actions to help streamline the engineering review process:
Our Forms and Informational Materials for an accurate plan review process are found on this page. Please scroll down the entire page and read all titles carefully to see which option best fits your permitting needs. If you cannot locate the information you are seeking, please see below for meeting instructions and contact information.
“Professional Day” Meeting Instructions:
We appreciate your patience while we continue to make improvements to execute the reviews more efficiently. It has been our pleasure to serve you and we look forward to your continued support while we strive to improve our services to meet your needs.
The following documents are forms most commonly associated with DSD-Engineering:
Click any of these buttons for useful information:
**Forms in fillable PDF format, you'll need Adobe Acrobat Reader. Internet Explorer is the recommended Browser.**
- Flow Test Application (processed through Water Billing – 1st Floor, City Hall)
- Hydrant, Fire Service Tap, Domestic and Irrigation Meter Application
- See PLUMBING FORMS AND INFO page for smaller service connections.
- City Ordinance Chapter 25-112-Construction Bond
- Construction Bond Payment Cover Sheet - Required for all cash bonds (paid by check).
- Combined Bond Payment Acknowledgement Form - Required if combining more than one bond per single payment.
- Bond Payment Owner Affidavit - Required if bond is paid by Other than the Property Owner.
- Performance Bond (in Word) - Example for use with Surety Bond Option
- Performance Bond (in Pdf) - Example for use with Surety Bond Option
- Bond Refund Request Form - After GFINAL passes, email this form to DEngineeringadmin@fortlauderdale.gov
The City of Fort Lauderdale Department of Public Services provides Water and Wastewater services to customers throughout the City and to certain customers outside of the City. The documents in this section are for customers first connecting to the city’s water or wastewater system.
|Capital Expansion Fees for Master construction permits submitted on or after December 16, 2019:|
|Type||ERC Equivalent||Fee Rate|
|Water||300 gpd||$1,977 / ERC|
|Sanitary Sewer||175 gpd||$1,888 / ERC|
- Capital Expansion Fees Calculation - as of 12-16-2019
- Ordinance No. C-19-29 for Capital Expansion Fees
|Capital Expansion Fees for Master construction permits submitted prior to December 16, 2019:|
|Type||ERC Equivalent||Fee Rate|
|Water||300 gpd||$1,386 / ERC|
|Sanitary Sewer||300 gpd||$ 651 / ERC|
- City Right-of-Way Work Standard Detail
- City Right-of-Way Driveway Plan Detail Sheets
- City Sewer Standard Detail
- City Storm Drainage Standard Detail
- City Water Standard Detail
- Crane Operation in Right-of-Way Hold Harmless Agreement
- Crane Operation in Right-of-Way Permit Requirements
- Crane Operation Specifications
- Instructions For Public Dedicating
- Attorney's Opinion of Title
- Joinder, Consent and Partial Release by Mortgagee/Lienholder
- Right-of-Way, Sidewalk, Utilities, Drainage Easement
- Demolition Hold Harmless Fillable Form
- Demolition Permitting Checklist with Tree Protection (exterior)
Development Review Committee (DRC) Related Information
Final Survey ChecklistsThe following are required to be submitted to the Engineering Permitting Division for review and approval prior to issuance of Certificate of Occupancy.
- Final Survey Checklist for Multifamily and Commercial Development
- Final Survey Checklist for Residential New Construction and/or Addition/Renovations
(Gas, Electric, Fiber/Telecommunications Permits)are required as a condition of site plan approval, and executed prior to issuance of a Certificate of Occupancy. The City’s sample Maintenance Declaration document is provided below in both Adobe PDF and MS Word. **PLEASE READ THE PROVIDED INSTRUCTIONS CAREFULLY TO AVOID DELAYS.**
- Maintenance Declaration Instructions
- Maintenance Declaration Model Document
- Maintenance Declaration - Word Format
Miscellaneous Engineering Forms
- Engineering Permit Application (Uniform Building Permit Application - Select/Enter One Trade) Note: As of 04/01/2016, only this form will be accepted. The form is fillable; neighbors are encouraged to fill it out online and print it for legibility purposes.
- Engineering Requirements for Private Providers
- Landscaping in the Right-of-Way
- Mitigation Letter (construction debris)
- Water, Wastewater, Stormwater Ordinance
- Temporary Structure Affidavit
(MOT) Maintenance of Traffic
A Maintenance of Traffic (MOT) plan is required any time work is conducted within a City of Fort Lauderdale right-of-way. The required permit type is a GMOT permit.
The City has developed LauderStreet, a mobile friendly searchable map that provides location-specific information about road and sidewalk closures in the City's Right-of-Way. When applying for an MOT in the City, you can use LauderStreet as a planning tool to see if there are any current or upcoming closures at the same location during the times and dates you are submitting an MOT. By avoiding overlapping road closures and working together we can reduce traffic impacts in the City.
LauderStreet features location-specific information on each closure such as the reason for the closure, duration of the closure and in many cases, detour information. The map links directly to Google’s traffic layer, allowing users to see the impact a closure is having on traffic. Please click here to view LauderStreet today!
- Dennis Girisgen, Land Development Manager, DGirisgen@fortlauderdale.gov
- Daniel Rey, Senior Project Manager, DRey@fortlauderdale.gov
- Taylor Phillips, Project Engineer, 954-828-5868, TPhillips@fortlauderdale.gov
- Raymond Meyer, Project Engineer, 954-828-5048, RMeyer@fortlauderdale.gov
- Johnson Durosier, Project Engineer, 954-828-4773, JDurosier@fortlauderdale.gov
- Orlando Arrom, Project Engineer, 954-828-5285, OArrom@fortlauderdale.gov
- Caroline Yeakel, Senior Administrative Assistant, 954-828-6159, firstname.lastname@example.org
- Barbara Camparscone, Senior Administrative Assistant, 954-828-5232, BCamparscone@fortlauderdale.gov