Welcome to the Department of Sustainable Development Engineering Division of the City of Fort Lauderdale!
MISSION STATEMENT: “The Engineering Division strives to build community through safeguarding the public health, safety and welfare and providing a friendly, fair and expedient permit approval process for applicants.”
The Engineering Division reviews site plans and construction permits for both major developments and minor work in the right-of-way to ensure projects meet concurrency/adequacy requirements and are designed and constructed in accordance with applicable engineering standards, building codes, and environmental regulations, and permitted through the appropriate regulatory agencies.
Developments in the City Right-of-Way, Construction Bond requirements include the following permit types: Mitigation / Site Preparation, Sidewalk / Concrete work, Paving Restoration, Underground Utilities / Water / Sewer / Storm Water / Cranes over 10,000 lbs. / Dewatering / Franchise Utilities. Click "Bond Instructions" button below for forms and details:
- City Ordinance Chapter 25-112-Construction Bond
- Construction Bond Payment Cover Sheet - Required for all cash bonds (paid by check).
- Combined Bond Payment Acknowledgement Form - Required if combining more than one bond per single payment.
- Bond Payment Owner Affidavit - Required if bond is paid by Other than the Property Owner.
- Performance Bond (in Word) - Example for use with Surety Bond Option
- Performance Bond (in Pdf) - Example for use with Surety Bond Option
- Bond Refund Request Form - After ENG-ENGINEERING FINAL passes, email this form to DEngineeringadmin@fortlauderdale.gov