Welcome to the Department of Sustainable Development Engineering Division of the City of Fort Lauderdale!
MISSION STATEMENT: “The Engineering Division strives to build community through safeguarding the public health, safety and welfare and providing a friendly, fair and expedient permit approval process for applicants.”
The Engineering Division reviews site plans and construction permits for both major developments and minor work in the right-of-way to ensure projects meet concurrency/adequacy requirements and are designed and constructed in accordance with applicable engineering standards, building codes, and environmental regulations, and permitted through the appropriate regulatory agencies.
Miscellaneous Engineering Forms
- Engineering Permit Application (Uniform Building Permit Application - Select/Enter One Trade) Note: As of 04/01/2016, only this form will be accepted. The form is fillable; neighbors are encouraged to fill it out online and print it for legibility purposes.
- Engineering Requirements for Private Providers
- Landscaping in the Right-of-Way
- Mitigation Letter (construction debris)
- Water, Wastewater, Stormwater Ordinance
- Temporary Structure Affidavit
(MOT) Maintenance of Traffic
A Maintenance of Traffic (MOT) plan is required any time work is conducted within a City of Fort Lauderdale right-of-way. The required permit type is a GMOT permit.
Pet Waste Dispensers