The Landscaping Section of the Department of Sustainable Development oversees the landscaping aspects of the City’s development review and permitting process, to ensure development projects are evaluated based on compliance with the City’s landscape ordinance, implementation of adequate horticultural standards, sustainable landscape design and layout, as well as ensuring the preservation and enhancement of the City’s tree canopy. The work involved includes review, inspection and enforcement of maintenance requirements to ensure landscape material meets code and equivalent replacement requirements are in place for tree removal applications. Technical guidance and direction is provided in the application of Landscape Best Management Practices.
We appreciate your business and each project is very important to us. In an effort to maintain exceptional service during this high-paced time and to allocate the resources needed to perform the reviews and inspections in a timely manner, the following actions have been incorporated to provide our neighbors with the review and discussion time necessary to help streamline the landscape review application process:
- Landscaping Walk-In inquiries, for less complex matters, may be addressed in the lobby Monday through Friday from 8:30 a.m. – 10:30 a.m. only.
- Landscaping Professional Day appointments available each Monday from 10:30 a.m. – 3:30 p.m.
To schedule a Landscaping Professional Day appointment with a Landscape Plans Examiner, please contact Karl Lauridsen at (954) 828-6071 or email@example.com.
For Code Compliance complaints, please contact Code Compliance directly at (954) 828-6520, option 2 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
The Department of Sustainable Development Landscape Staff plan review responsibilities have been assigned accordingly:
- For DRC and all lower level permitting - Karl Lauridsen (954) 828-6071 or email@example.com
Please note, currently the average review time for non-DRC development is 5-days, while DRC projects may take up to 10-days. We appreciate your patience while we continue to make improvements on executing the reviews more efficiently and plan for appropriate resources.
Landscape Easy Access Information
The following documents are forms most commonly associated with landscaping permit types:
- Broward County Tree Trimmer Cards
- Broward County Tree Trimmer Licensing Investigation & Enforcement Services
- Demolition Permitting Checklist with Tree Protection
- FLEPPC Invasive Exotic Plant List
- Fence/Walls Sample Landscape Plan
- Florida-Friendly Landscaping Guide to Plant Section and Landscape Design
- Florida Grades and Standards for Nursery Plants (2015)
- Fort Lauderdale Automated Inspection Request (F.L.A.I.R.) Line Guide
- Landscape and Tree Preservation Ordinance
- Landscape Permit Application Submittal Information
- Landscape Permit Application
- Landscape Requirement Checklist
- Pool Permit Checklist
- Tree and Landscape Permit FAQ
- Tree and Palm List for Replacement Planting
- Tree and Palm Calculations
- Tree Classification List
- Tree Permit Application Submittal Process
- Tree Permit Application
- Tree Protection Barricade Detail
- Tree Trunk Diameter Chart
The following documents are common forms used in both residential and commercial projects:
- Broward County / Fort Lauderdale Uniform Building Permit Application
NOTE: As of 04/01/2016, only this form will be accepted. The form is fillable; neighbors are encouraged to fill it out online and print it for legibility purposes.
- Building Permit Application Checklist
- Broward County Contractor Complaint Form
- Change of Contractor/Hold Harmless
- Contractor Registration Form
- Contractor Registration Renewal Form
- Expired Permit Procedures
- Hiring a Contractor - Know the Law
- Inspection Type ID Codes
- Notice of Commencement
- Owner Builder Affidavit
- State of Florida DBPR Contractor Online Complaint Form
- Voiding a Permit Request Form
- Rahim Vedaee (RV), Landscape Inspector, #615, 954-828-5200, RVedaee@fortlauderdale.gov
- Kirstie McCullough (KM), Landscape Inspector, #614, 954-828-7107, KMccullough@fortlauderdale.gov
- Karl Lauridsen (KL), Landscape Plans Examiner, 954-828-6071, KLauridsen@fortlauderdale.gov
- Kelley Shafer (KS), Landscape Plans Examiner, #613, 954-828-7802, KShafer@fortlauderdale.gov
- Robert Fisk (RF), Landscape Plans Examiner, #609, 954-828-7802, RFisk@fortlauderdale.gov
- Charlie Livio (CL), Landscape Plans Examiner, #610, 954-828-4794, CLivio@fortlauderdale.gov
- Laura Tooley (LT), Landscape Plans Examiner, #611, 954-828-7106, LTooley@fortlauderdale.gov