A completed Vacation Rental Registration application with all it's required documents be submitted via email to email@example.com.
Communication throughout the registration process is maintained via email. Any future notifications for renewals or miscellaneous changes will be sent out via email or regular mail to the addresses provided on the application only.
The Vacation Rental Certificate expires on September 30th of every year, for which the renewal deadline is the 1st of August. Further information can be found on the Renewal page.
1. Submit the Application - Utilize the Vacation Rental Registration Checklist to ensure all documents have been obtained. The suggested order to work on your documents is as follows.
- Apply for all State and County licenses. The State and County Licenses PDF provides information on estimated processing times, fees associated with each agency, exemptions, and examples of each license.
- Obtain a copy of the lease agreement you provide to all your guests. Be sure to include the required information found in the Vacation Rental Ordinance, page 11. You may also use the Lease Agreement Addendum which already has the required information on it. A copy of the actual lease will still be required. Be sure to include the sketch or photograph of the off-street parking spaces with the following statement on it, "No on-street parking permitted".
- Obtain your proof of property ownership at the Broward County Property Appraiser website. Search for you address and print the page. If property is owned by an LLC, please provide ownership information found on Sunbiz.
- Complete and notarize the Vacation Rental Registration Application and Affidavit and the City of Fort Lauderdale Business Tax Application . Both applications are submitted with all the other required documents and are processed simultaneously. (The City Business Tax License can only be opened under the owner's name.)
- Email all documents to firstname.lastname@example.org. Be sure to include the property address on the subject line of the email.
- If the application is rejected, you will be notified of the missing information or documents and will be required to resubmit the entire packet again to include the information and/or documents that were missing.
- If accepted, your applications will be processed within 24 - 48 hours.
- Once the applications are processed, you will receive an email with your City business tax number and a link to make payment online at https://ebiz.fortlauderdale.gov/egovplus/license/buslic.aspx.
- A confirmation of payment must then be sent out to email@example.com. Please be sure to include your property address or City business tax number on the subject line of the email.
- The confirmation of payment will be used to notify the code officer that the property is ready for inspection.
- The code officer will contact you via email or phone to set up a date and time for inspection.
- Please review the Vacation Rental Inspection Checklist and the Vacation Rental Inspection Guide to prepare for your inspection.
- If you fail the inspection, you will receive 10 days to bring the property into compliance. It will be your responsibility to contact the code officer for a re-inspection. A $75.00 re-inspection fee will be assessed for every attempt starting on the 3rd re-inspection.
- If you pass the inspection, a Certificate of Compliance will be issued within two business days.
- Vacation Rental Document Checklist
- Vacation Rental Registration Application and Affidavit
- Lease Agreement Addendum
- State and County Licenses
- City of Fort Lauderdale Business Tax Application