The City of Fort Lauderdale’s Economic and Community Investment Division (ECI) created BEAMs to support businesses at all levels, from start-up to successful growth and expansion.
Over 500,000 small businesses open monthly in the United States, accounting for 65% of employment growth. In Broward County, 81% of all businesses have less than ten employees; 67% have less than five.
Face-to-face site visits with established City businesses in order to introduce ECI as the primary point of contact for all of their business development needs and concerns.
Business Assistance Certification Programs
- Business Academy:
- “Solid Foundation” – New/start-up businesses platform: Creating a Business Plan, Developing a Budget and Financial Plan, Effective Employee Selection, Customer Service
- “Build On Success” – Established businesses growth/expansion: Strategic Outlook, Advanced Sales/Marketing, Relating to the Customer, Financial Management/Capital Expansion
- “Global Commerce” – Information and support to reach the international market: Logistics (shipping & handling, Distribution Channels, Insurance/Legal Documentation, Product Pricing/Market Research & Development, Cultural Awareness, Regional/Federal Resources
- Workforce Development Assistance: Through partner agencies such as CareerSource
- Citywide Financial Incentives: Qualified Target Industry, Direct Cash
- Community Redevelopment Agency Incentives: Commercial Facade Improvement, Property and Business Improvement, Streetscape Enhancement, Development Incentive, Property Tax Reimbursement, Residential Rehabilitation Forgivable Loan, Purchase Assistance
- Resource Connection: Introduce businesses to partner agencies and organizations that are ready to assist with their business development needs.
ECI and its partners will assist Fort Lauderdale businesses in establishing one-on-one mentoring relationships with the most experienced business development professionals in the region.
International Market Expansion
Assisting Fort Lauderdale businesses to become a part of the global import/export community by helping them to make the necessary international connections.
- Florida Small Business Development Center
- Broward SCORE
- Broward County Office of Economic and Small Business Development
- Enterprise Florida
- Greater Fort Lauderdale Chamber of Commerce
- Greater Fort Lauderdale Alliance
- Fort Lauderdale Community Redevelopment Agency
- Export-Import Bank of the United States
- Greater Fort Lauderdale Sister Cities International
- Career Source Florida
- U.S. Commercial Service
- Florida Atlantic University
- U.S. Department of Commerce