The Transportation and Mobility Department has been working with Beverly Heights property owners and neighbors for several months to designate the neighborhood as a Residential Parking Permit District (RPPD).
After conducting a parking survey and a property owner survey, as well as holding a public hearing, it was determined that the Beverly Heights neighborhood met the RPPD criteria.
On November 7, 2017, the Fort Lauderdale City Commission adopted a resolution designating the Beverly Heights neighborhood as a RPPD. Although implementation has been delayed, the City will officially begin enforcing the Beverly Heights RPPD on May 1, 2018. Parking permits will be required to park vehicles on neighborhood streets 24 hours a day, seven days a week.
New permits will be effective through December 31, 2019. Previously issued permits that expire in October 2018 will be replaced with new ones that the City will mail to permit holders prior to the expiration date.
- The RPPD program only applies to property owners/neighbors in the Beverly Heights neighborhood.
- Only two permits will be issued per residence.
- Each permit will cost $30 plus tax per year for the Beverly Heights RPPD.
- Permits are valid seven days a week 24 hours a day.
- Space availability will be first-come, first-serve.
- Permits do not guarantee available parking.
- Permits are not valid in metered parking spaces. Meters
must be paid.
- Non-permitted vehicles may only park in permitted areas for a maximum of two hours.
- All parking violations will be enforced, including vehicle immobilization.
- Permits and guest passes are available from Parking Customer Service at the Transportation and Mobility Department, 290 N.E. 3rd Avenue, Fort Lauderdale, FL 33301.
- Two guest permits per residence will be issued to Beverly Heights neighbors. Guest permits will be valid from May 1, 2018 through December 31, 2019..
In order to receive your RPP permit, you must fill out the RPP application and submit it in person to the Transportation and Mobility Department, 290 N.E. 3rd Avenue, Fort Lauderdale, FL 33301 in order to pay for your permit.
Las Olas Employee Parking Options
If you are a Las Olas employee and you want more information on where to park on the boulevard please click here to read more information on the available parking options.
Questions and More Information
For questions or information about the permit application process, please contact Parking Customer Service at 954-828-3700 or email email@example.com Monday through Friday, 7:45 a.m. to 4 p.m.