Residential Parking Permit Program
At the request of the Birch Park Beach Finger Streets neighborhood, the City of Fort Lauderdale Commission has designated Birch Park Beach Finger Streets as a Residential Parking Permit District. The program covers the area bounded by N.E. 18th Street on the north and N.E. 14th Court on the south.
Under the program, a residential parking permit must be displayed on all vehicles parked in City streets or rights-of-ways in this area from 7 a.m. to 11 p.m. (effective November 9, 2009).
The Residential Parking Permit Program is designed to provide residents of the Birch Park Beach Finger Streets neighborhood with relief from non-resident parking issues while offering reasonable access to parking near their homes.
Details about the program may be obtained by clicking on the links below. For more information, please call the City of Fort Lauderdale Parking Services Division at 954-828-3700.
Start of Program
Permits shall be valid for one year, and an applicant must renew a permit on a yearly basis. Permits issued for each year shall commence July 1 and expire June 30 the following year. Yearly fees shall not be pro-rated.
Criteria for Eligibility and Requirements
- Customers must live within the incorporated limits of the City of Fort Lauderdale in the area defined as the Birch Park Beach Finger Streets Residential Parking Permit District, which is defined as north of 14th Court and south of 18th Street. Customers must also pay real estate taxes or utility taxes on a home in this area and meet conditions #2 and #3.
- A current driver's license or any other government-issued photo ID that has the resident's name, address, and photo is required.
- Proof that the above resident currently lives within the Birch Park Beach Finger Streets area is required. Acceptable proof of residency would be one of the following:
- A current utility bill (within the past 30 days), such as water, land-line telephone, electric, or cable. The service address on the utility bill must be within the Birch Park Beach Finger Streets area. The City cannot accept utility bills with a Post Office Box service address. The resident's name on the utility bill must match the name on the driver's license, OR
- If you do not have in your possession any of the above utility bills, the City will accept a copy of a valid lease or rental agreement. The residential address on the lease or rental agreement must be within Birch Park Beach Finger Streets area and the lessee's name on the lease or rental agreement must match the name on the driver's license, OR
- A Warranty Deed for a home in the defined area if the home has been purchased within the past 45 days and a utility bill is not available.
Terms and Fees
- The residential parking permits shall be issued to qualified applicants upon payment of the fees plus tax shown as follows:
RATES EFFECTIVE DECEMBER 1, 2017
Annual Fee (does not include tax)
- Customers may purchase a Residential Parking Permit at the Transportation and Mobility Department Parking Services office, located at 290 N.E. 3rd Avenue, Fort Lauderdale, Florida, 33301. Office hours are Monday-Friday, 7:45 a.m. to 4 p.m. and Thursdays 7:45 a.m. to 5:30 p.m.
- The Residential Parking Permit is intended for individual homeowner use only and is not for resale, commercial, industrial or business operations. Residents may transfer ownership of their Residential Parking Permits with the sale or lease of their home to the new owner or lessee. There will be no refunds for permits not purchased by the new owner or lessee.
- Service vehicles parked in the right-of-way will be required to display a valid permit as well, which must be obtained from the respective homeowner.
- The static cling permit decal must be displayed on the lower left front windshield (driver's side). Hang tags must be hung from the rear view mirror, printed side facing the windshield so it may be read from the front of the vehicle.
- There are 139 permit spaces are available on a first-come first-served basis for the use of Residential Parking Permits. The permit does not guarantee that there will always be a parking space available. Parking spaces may not be reserved and violations may result in cancellation of your Residential Parking Permit.
- The City has the full and sole discretion to sell, renew, or not to renew any Residential Parking Permit if in violation of the Residential Parking Permit Program as provided in Section 26-165 through 26-173 of the City's Code or Ordinances and Resolution No. 07-133. Abuse or misuse of the Residential Parking Permit may result in the confiscation of the Permit and/or issuance of a citation and denial of further Residential Parking Permits.
- City-issued Permits shall not be copied, reproduced, or altered in any manner. Violators will be prosecuted to the fullest extent of the law. City-issued Permits shall not be resold or assigned for profit. The landlord purchasing permits for resale to tenants or guests shall not charge more than the face value of the permit as purchased from the City. Transfers are valid only to persons residing in the designated Birch Park Beach Finger Streets area.
- Permit fees are paid in advance and are due at the time of purchase. If a customer's check payment is returned by the issuing bank or credit union, the permit will be considered VOID and a $25 returned check fee will be assessed to the permit holder. Citations may be issued as though no permit was displayed.
- If a customer loses the Residential Parking Permit, there will be no refunds. Parking Services is not responsible for loss, theft, or misuse of the Residential Parking Permit.
Enforcement (Days and Hours)
The Residential Parking Permit may be used only in accordance with the posted hours of operation, which are 7 a.m. to 11 p.m. daily (effective November 9, 2009) for the Birch Park Beach Finger Streets. Permit rates, limits, and hours are subject to change by Ordinance or other legislative action.
Parking citations will be issued if warranted without exception for any violation of these instructions and for any violation of City Parking Ordinances and local or state laws. PARKING CITATIONS WILL NOT BE DISMISSED. The City reserves the right to revoke issued permits or not to renew permits based on violation of these terms. The City reserves the right to pursue any and all legal remedies to any infractions of these instructions.
There are 75 Guest Permits available for use by residents who have purchased a Residential Parking Permit. Guest Permits are issued and managed by the Homeowners Association and can be checked out for 24-hour periods, as needed, on a first-come, first-served basis. Issuance of a Guest Permit does not guarantee that a parking space will be available. Replacement of Guest Permits stolen, lost, or destroyed will cost the Homeowners Association $100 each.
Customers may purchase a Residential Parking Permit at or direct questions to:
City of Fort Lauderdale Parking Services
290 N.E. 3rd Avenue
Fort Lauderdale, FL 33301
954-828-3700 Parking Customer Service)
Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday, and Friday: 7:45 a.m. to 4 p.m.
Thursdays: 7:45 a.m. to 5:30 p.m.