1. I sent in my request for an administrative hearing. When can I expect to find out the scheduled hearing date?
Administrative hearings are held on Mondays at the City of Fort Lauderdale City Hall (100 North Andrews Ave) in the Commission Chambers at 9:00am.
If you have been scheduled for a hearing, you will receive a letter with all the necessary information about 10 days before the hearing date.
2. I need to reschedule my hearing. What should I do?
You may reschedule your hearing once by submitting a written request to reschedule to the clerk to the Local Hearing Officer, at Parking Services Division, City of Fort Lauderdale, P.O. Box 14250, 400 NW 7 AVE, Fort Lauderdale, FL 33302. Your written request to reschedule must be received by the clerk to the Local Hearing Officer at least five (5) calendar days before the day of the originally scheduled hearing.
3. I’ve changed my mind, I do not want to attend the hearing, I just want to pay the fine. What should I do?
After your hearing date is scheduled, you may cancel your appearance before the Local Hearing Officer by paying the civil penalty of $158, plus $50 in administrative costs, 5 days before the scheduled hearing to avoid the imposition of further costs. There are several ways to pay:
- You can pay online.
- You can pay by phone by calling 954-828-3700.
- You can mail your payment (checks and money orders in U.S. funds only — DO NOT SEND CASH), to:
Parking Services Division
City of Fort Lauderdale
PO Box 14250
400 NW 7 Avenue
Fort Lauderdale, FL 33302
4. I attended the hearing and my violation was upheld. How much do I pay and how can I pay?
You will receive a Final Administrative Order Violation Upheld which will have the amount owed, the payment due date, and how to make your payment.
5. I missed my hearing. What should I do?
You will receive a Final Administrative Order Failed to Appear which will have the amount owed, the payment due date, and how to make your payment.
6. What if I don’t pay?
Failure to pay will result in a Department of Motor Vehicle hold on your vehicle registration. You will not be able to renew your registration without paying the amount owed and receiving a release from us.
7. I’d like to talk to a customer service representative. What is the phone number?