The purpose of the Neighborhood Traffic Calming Program is to provide a resource for neighbors who are interested in exploring traffic calming measures within their neighborhoods. The goals of the program are to:
- Educate neighbors on a variety of traffic calming strategies and facilities
- Empower neighbors to seek funding or other opportunities to implement traffic calming strategies
- Increase safety, comfort, and connectivity for people walking and biking
- Create community cohesion by Connecting the Blocks
- Further the goals and objectives of the City’s Vision Plan, Strategic Plan, and Vision Zero Fort Lauderdale
Traffic Calming Strategies
Click on the links below to learn more about specific traffic calming strategies and facilities the City uses to help make streets, paths, and intersections safer and more convenient for people walking and biking in Fort Lauderdale.
How to Apply for Neighborhood Traffic Calming Strategies
After a request has been submitted for review, an email will be sent confirming delivery. Please note that preliminary analysis and data collection may take anywhere from 8-10 weeks to complete before a staff member will contact the neighbor with additional information or next steps.
For more information on the Neighborhood Traffic Calming Program, please call 954-828-3722 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.