What is a Proclamation?
A proclamation is an official document issued by Mayor Dean J. Trantalis to commemorate a specific time period (day, week, or month) for the purpose of raising awareness about an issue, celebrating milestones, or recognizing events.
How to Request a Proclamation
- A proclamation may be requested via e-mail, fax, phone or mail. E-mail your request to firstname.lastname@example.org
- Please submit your request a minimum of one week before it is needed to allow adequate time for your request to be considered and prepared.
- In order to better determine whether a request can be fulfilled, please provide a draft of the proclamation or supporting information.
- The Mayor’s Office reserves the right to modify or deny any proclamation request.
- If a proclamation has been issued in the past, a new request still needs to be requested each year.
Proclamations Issued in 2020
- 1st Annual Friendship Cafe Day 01-15-20
- 2020 Riverwalk Tribute Honoree - Vincent J. Viola 03-06-20
- Belmont Village Fort Lauderdale Day 03-11-20
- Cancer Survivorship Day 06-06-20
- Cari Rodriguez Day 2020 Teacher of the Year 02-18-20
- Community Court Day 03-11-20
- Excuse Me, That's My Seat Conference Day 03-05-20
- Exemplary Community Service - Eileen Helfer 05-29-20
- Health for Humanity Yogathon 01-18 to 02-01-2020
- Heather Lee O'Keefe Day 01-07-20
- International Holocaust Remeberance Day 01-27-20
- Ivett Spence Brown Day 04-16-20
- James Carras Day 03-03-20
- LGBTQ+ Pride Month June 2020
- Mental Health Awareness Month May 2020
- National Safe Boating Week 05-16 to 05-22-20
- Phoenicians Before Columbus Expedition 02-09-20
- Reverend Dr. Marcus Davidson Day 03-06-20
- Ron O'Brien Day 01-07-20
- Sean Curran Day 2020 Assistant Prinicipal of the Year 02-18-20
- St Thomas Aquinas Raiders Varsity Football Daty 01-31-20