What is a Proclamation?
A proclamation is an official document issued by Mayor Dean J. Trantalis to commemorate a specific time period (day, week, or month) for the purpose of raising awareness about an issue, celebrating milestones, or recognizing events.
How to Request a Proclamation
- A proclamation may be requested via e-mail, fax, phone or mail. E-mail your request to firstname.lastname@example.org
- Please submit your request a minimum of one week before it is needed to allow adequate time for your request to be considered and prepared.
- In order to better determine whether a request can be fulfilled, please provide a draft of the proclamation or supporting information.
- The Mayor’s Office reserves the right to modify or deny any proclamation request.
- If a proclamation has been issued in the past, a new request still needs to be requested each year.
Proclamations Issued in 2020
- 1st Annual Friendship Cafe Day 01-15-20
- 100th Anniversary of the Founding of he 1919 Club 12-17-19
- AMIKIDS Greater Fort Lauderdale's 50th Anniversary 12-03-19
- Florida Association of Nonprofits and in Celebration of Volunteers in Florida 12-16-19
- Health for Humanity Yogathon 01-18 to 02-01-2020
- Heather Lee O'Keefe Day 01-07-20
- International Holocaust Remeberance Day 01-27-20
- Master Chorale of South Florida Day 12-14-19
- Rick Case Bike's for Kids Program 12-03-19
- Robert Flint Day 12-12-19
- Ron O'Brien Day 01-07-20
- World Aids Day 12-01-19