Welcome to theCity of Fort Lauderdale
- April 02 Coronavirus Updates Read More »
- April 02 COVID-19 Business Impact Survey and Business and Employee Assistance Programs Read More »
- March 29 City Parking Garages, Surface Lots, and Select On-Street Parking Areas on Fort Lauderdale Beach Closed Read More »
- March 27 Mayor Dean J. Trantalis Issues Emergency Safer At Home Order Read More »
- March 13 Postponed Thru 4/16: All City Board, Committee, and Working Group Meetings Read More »
- March 13 Postponed Thru 4/16: All Special Magistrate, Code Enforcement, Board of Adjustment, Nuisance Abatement Board Hearings, and Community Court Read More »
- March 13 Postponed Thru 4/16: All Homeowner Association and Civic Association Meetings Conducted or Held on City Property Read More »
- March 13 Postponed Thru 4/16: All City Events and City-Approved Events Read More »
A to Z Guide of Services
Looking for something?
Find it quickly with our alphabetical directory.
Mayor and Commissioners
MayorDean J. Trantalis
Commissioner District 1Heather Moraitis
Commissioner District 2Steven Glassman
Vice Mayor/Comm. District 3Robert L. McKinzie
Commissioner District 4Ben Sorensen
The mission of the Fort Lauderdale City Commission is to represent the public interest; promote quick and courteous response to neighbor concerns; provide leadership and direction for the City's future; and assure Fort Lauderdale's present and future fiscal integrity.
At your service
The City of Fort Lauderdale is committed to providing quality service around the clock. Neighbors can use Lauderserv to submit a customer service request, pay a parking citation or utility bill, and access useful information. Use the portal on our website, download the smartphone app, or call us to request a new garbage cart, report a street light outage, inquire about volunteer opportunities, and more! New features allow you to pay your water bill or a parking citation right from your smartphone!